Your Watch & Naim

Looks great, I love the Calibre 11, such a classic design. I wish my wrist was large enough to suit it.

1 Like

Awesome, that ND looks MINT and is only going up in price.

1 Like

I’ve shown a couple of my watches (Tudor and Omega) on an earlier thread, so here’s one of my gardening watches; an M.R.P. cased diver made for C.A.M.I.F. (a French co-operative for instructors) by Georges Monnin. This one is a slightly later (circa 1981) example with an ETA 2783 movement instead of the earlier France Ebauche FE4611.

Monnin%20844%20CAMIF1

I love the big M.R.P. case, also shared with the classic Heuer 844 and CWC Royal Navy diver among many others. This one attracted me by it’s fabulous tropical dial which has faded to a wonderful opalescent bronze.

The ETA movement is pretty much bullet proof and this example keeps excellent time, although I have noticed it has started to slip a little form time to time if I manually wind it. It will doubtless need a service in the not too distant future.

9 Likes

Very nice Richard, I love the way the tritium dial plots and hands have faded and add such a vintage flair to the overall design. The NATO strap goes perfectly. Wear it in good health.

1 Like

Kind of blue…_DSC2719

6 Likes

Good call, but i have the 1999 one and i think its 3mm smaller which suits my arms

Only if its slows during the day by a few seconds, a top watchmaker in Germany told me this.

Tudor is a subsidiary of Rolex still

1 Like

Yikes ! … a few seconds a day !

My watch gains 2 seconds over a three week period. I don’t adjust it until it has gained about 15 seconds, unless I travel to a new time zone or we encounter BST etc.

Mine started to slow slightly during 24 hours, it was then serviced and is now back to sometimes a second or 2 a day + or -, amazing performance. I dont believe they should be serviced at regular intervals

1 Like

It does sit well, and I find the Rolex bracelets very comfortable.

My daily. Bulova skeleton.

Needs a new crystal - I really shouldn’t wear it at work!

12 Likes

It’s running about +20 seconds fast. I’ve heard the lubricants inside the case tend to dry out over a period of time and its prudent to have it serviced as a preventative measure.

IMO the white dial looks better than the black.

Omega Seamaster 300 M 2531.80.00
I bought mine in 1997 and have no desire to buy another watch.

1 Like

My Oris BC3 Day/Date 7501. On an Olive Hi-Cap:

19 Likes

Depends on what you define as a typical Naomi owner! I have a few watches. One of them a younger and larger sibling of your beautiful, classic Explorer. Because I’m travelling in November, and only take one watch with me, I’m wearing this for a month:

But not while simultaneously playing music on my system, which is powered down and a distance of some 2.2K miles away.

14 Likes

Looks perfect on you, the quintessential GMT. The 3187 movement is a nice upgrade. Curious, do you prefer to set the 24 hour or the hour hand to local time when traveling?

Thank you. It just goes to show what a difference the case thickness and lug design make. I have 40mm watches that look bigger and don’t sit so nicely on my skinny wrist. The Polar is just perfect.

It is also my default travel watch. I have the reference hand set to GMT all year round and the hour hand shows local time. I was in Cyprus when the photo above was taken. It was post October UK clock change, so the reference time was UK GMT and the local time was set two hours ahead. Because I tend to work when abroad, it is useful to know the UK time. To be honest, my smartphone does just as good a job and a more accurate one most of the time. But that would be far too sensible.

1 Like

One of mines. The first one I bought and it was in 1995 . Should not say it but as it’s a long time ago. I felt I deserved a present when my ex wife got remarried. And here it is.
Sitting on my 552.

16 Likes