£1.5m Blowin’ in the Wind

Absolute madness.

“On one level, it is pure grift, similar to the proprietor of a hi-fi shop trying to flog you gold-plated cabling despite it offering no audible improvement on copper wire.”

…and none of us here would be foolish enough to fall for that.

Silver. Well that’s another story.

G

3 Likes

Well no more mad than so many other things,at least it’s tangible unlike NFT’s for example.

More interesting is the technology used for the record which I understand is a disc is made of aluminium, treated with a layer of nitrocellulose and coated with a sapphire and quartz gradient whatever that amounts to, but is playable on any regular turntable in theory.

Brilliant idea, well done Bob and T Bone. It’s nothing different from an original art piece and Bob does that too. Oh jealousy hey?

I’ll wait for it to be available as a 99p download.

They have not thought it out - they would probably make more money that way!

Is it mad, I guess we all have our own definition of mad.

Spending £50 on a slab of vinyl is certainly mad to some.

Over the past almost 60 years I’ve spent more than I could possibly recall on Mr D’s products, including limited edition signed prints, but I love the thought that I have a piece of “art” signed by that skinny kid who hitched out of Minnesota to New York in 1961 and changed popular songwriting forever hanging on my wall. That’s pretty mad I suspect!

I don’t really get what the fuss is about - people make luxury products for rich clients all the time. For me personally it seems a bit naff but I’m not the target market, I know it’s an iconic song but I reckon if Dylan had record a new work in this format it would be more worthwhile.

1 Like

It seems quite cheap compared to £16,000,000 for some whisky. £36,000 a bottle so I read on the BBC.
Also, Dylan is overrated, can write great songs, but sounds terrible.

Understatement of the century! !!! :rofl:
Certainly don’t want it to happen anytime soon but when Bob finally hangs up his pen the media and music worlds will go bananas…. Such a fabulous writer……

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.