152xs not powering up when used with the 155xs

Hello, was using a flatcap with my 152xs and 155xs. Sold the flatcap and want to use the 152xs and 155xs alone. Hooked it up a the 152xs does not power up. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Stephen

Stephen, are both link plugs fitted to the NAC152XS?

2 Likes

Don’t know what you mean?
Thanks

Your NAC152xs would have come with a pair of link plugs. You remove them for when you upgrade with dedicated power supplies, however, if running from just a NAP155xs then both need to be in place for the NAC152xs to work.

Here’s a picture from the internet of a NAC152xs with both link plugs (Link 1 Upgrade 1 & Link 2 Upgrade 2) in place;

And here you can see them illustrated in the user manual;

3 Likes

That’s it, I only have one of the plugs. I need the one on the left I have the one on the right with the extra wing or guard. Do you know where I can get the single one?
Thank you so much,
Stephen

You can ask your dealer. Alternatively there are some Naim dealers who offer plugs and leads etc… via their online stores. You want the 5 pin link plug.

2 Likes

Tom Tom (in St Albans, UK) have a selection of Naim accessories, in their on line store, including various Link Plugs.

Thank you sir, but unfortunately they don’t ship to the USA. I tried to order but the site did not allow me to designate an USA shipping address.
I will try on Monday to find the plug in the USA.
Again, thank you for your help,
Stephen

1 Like

I would be surprised if TomTom don’t deliver to the USA. In my experience, James Allney, the owner, always goes out of his way to help.

He said it’s against Naim policy to ship parts to the US. A little disappointed.
Thanks
Stephen

Yes, Naim don’t like to undermine their distribution. Best check with your nearest Naim dealer or else contact the distributor.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.