1976 Naim NA 602 speakers

Could you summarise what’s there?

It’s become quite a long thread - and they’ve noted this thread here. Just have a look at the ‘unusual naim speakers’ thread in the classic section (it’s on the first page so is easy to find). Probably better than me trying to summarise the info there.

Thanks for that - found it. Yes, an interesting thread.
I can find no mention of 702s on the 'net - which is odd. If the photo of what has been suggested is a 602 at the top of this thread really is a 602, and it has a small port - as appears to the case - then the 702s might be very similar but without a port.
The drive units seem to be the same as with 602s - Goodman’s tweeter and Mordaunt-Short mid/bass.

1 Like

Probably @Richard.Dane who lives down there, he has a museum of wonders and has obviously forgotten those lovelies😉

1 Like

I’d be surprised - the person that I sent it to had a very Asian name.

1 Like

I always think it sad when people- probably guests, put cups on top of speakers!

Even sadder when it is your wife putting plant pots on the speakers, even when asked very nicely not to do so. Apparently she would never over-water them… And anyway, I shouldn’t be so precious about what are merely loudspeakers.

One of the additional benefits of NBLs!

mine did that with a chest of drawers… i had a large piece of mirror cut to size to cover it - looks good

Not me Gazza, honest…

I’ve got some weird and wonderful speakers tucked away but none of these early Naims.

2 Likes

A very common Richard Dane post:

“I [once had/still have] a [insert name of almost any hifi product ever made] from [insert year].”

Richard knows more about hifi gear history than anyone it seems. And it is all first-hand knowledge!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.