2 x RCA to 5 pin DIN Cable

The Naim Accessories Price list has the following listed at 1,0 metre, in Standard Interconnects:

• RCA to 4 or 5 pin DIN
  • RCA to XLR
  • 4 or 5 pin DIN to Stereo XLR

The next length listed is 1,25 metres:

• 4 or 5 pin DIN to 5 pin DIN
  • 3.5mm Jack to 5 Pin DIN

Longer lengths are available in some cables - from 2 up to to 10 metres.

This is for Standard Interconnects, from the (published) Naim Accessories Price List.

Maybe the Din to RCA is 1m but the RCA to Din is either 1m or 1.25m. Or maybe the 1.25m on the dealer website is also wrong, just like the picture! Sometimes it’s easier just to buy it from your local dealer in person, as I did. Then you know it’s right.

All the different versions of mine with RCAs and DINs are all 1.0m.

Correct, as per the FAQ on here.

1 Like

I did enquire via James at Tom Tom Audio. I was also looking at a 4 x RCA to 5 pin DIN. He advised they were no longer available so I was looking for a dealer who had one in stock.

The cable has just arrived. It’s in a Naim box, grey with gold RCA’s so I’m happy it’s the real thing

5 Likes

List Price seems to be £129-00.

The Naim DIN-to-DIN lead is available for a lot less, if you look… :astonished:

Excellent. Maybe one day they will get the picture right…

2 Likes

My dealer didn’t have one, Tom Tom didn’t have one and said they couldn’t get one so I had to look online. Of the places I normally look; Analogue Seduction, Moorgate, Audio T and Audio Affair, only Audio Affair had one - with much confusion around the picture.

I decided to go the DIY route to make A few RCA to 5-pin DIN as the Chord cable, and a second custom made cable turned out to be meh.

Is there a recommendation on connect the cable shield to the DIN and/or the RCA end? Looking at previous threads around the RCA/DIN combo I was not able to confirm how the shield is connected if at all.

On my second custom cable used as a line-out to a headphone amp, it picks up massive amounts of noise and the Chord version just sounds mediocre. In either case I would rather know what components are being used and how they are constructed so I can use the DIN inputs over the RCA.

Oh amp is Naim XS 3

Any suggestions or guidance is welcomed, cheers!

Both ends.

1 Like

Sorry to hijack thread but quick question that doesn’t warrant its own.

Am I right in thinking classic series boxes will use an interconnect with 180 5 din both ends? In my case for an NDS to preamp.

Correct. the 180 degree 5 pin DIN is standard for interconnect duties between sources and preamps.

2 Likes

Naim definitely still producing them:

Or at least still putting them in boxes with June '22 dates :wink:

Sounding good too :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.