250/252 (glad I didn’t)

At one time was seriously thinking about going from current 200/202 to 250/202 but perceived wisdom was the 202 would be found out by the 250 and you really need the 252. If I recall, the 250/252 was not universally loved, and then if I did have that would the CD5XS/DAC be found out ?Anyhow, glad to report the 200/202 remains to this day, I never had it beyond quarter two and now barely more than twenty two due to smaller living space but the 200/202 has got to be the best real world pre/power combo ?although for many on here including me “real world” does not come into it !

1 Like

Nothing wrong with the CD5XS/DAC :blush:

As long as you are happy that’s all that matters.
There’s always the option of a 282…
:wink:

Thin end of the wedge … I have a 282 and love it to bits, but part of me wonders what a 552 would be like … and then I wonder if 552 owners hanker after Statements …

1 Like

I wish more would, so that there would be a 552 gently used for me to buy. They are quite rare; few can make the jump to Statement.

1 Like

No shame in a 202/ 200 with a NAPSC. My dealer insists it’s where the real value starts in Naim and, having owned the combo at one time, I agree with him.

Seems a bit overlooked these days. Wrongly.

C.

2 Likes

No, I did not like the 282, seemed too soft/woolier sounding, 202 harder edged if ultimately less detailed, 202 aesthetics much cleaner too

Not quite sure what is the point of this thread other than self-justification. Has the OP listened to the all the various options with an open mind? Not many would describe the 282 as soft or woolly - if anything it has a somewhat forward presentation!
Still, I suppose YMMV applies…

4 Likes

I wish I could have stayed content when I had my 202/200.

If the OP is happy with his then he should be thankful for all the money he will save and go buy some music to celebrate,

1 Like

Nothing inherently wrong with the 202/200; but quite frankly the 252/250 is massively more enhanced and musically engrossing than the former - but for a price as you would expect… I have owned both combos

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@Svetty,…What means YMMV.?

We are some here,.who do not have English as our native language.

/Peddr🤔

@Peder, YMMV= Your Milage May Vary. in other words, we each have different experiences and opinions.

Hi Peder, for those of us that are not native English speakers, then a good english dictionary can be helpful. The Cambridge University press dictionary is as good as most…

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/ymmv

YMMV is a social media term - and therefore to be expected on social media such as this forum

2 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:NigelB,…Thank you very much,.then I know what that means next time I see it :smiley:.

/Peder🙂

No problem Peder. Your English is infinitely better than my (non-existent) Swedish!

4 Likes

Google is your friend.

Roger

1 Like

Don’t be daft, almost all posts on here are about self-justification, my own post is about trying to justify the XPS DR

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@Simon-in-Suffolk,…Good to know,.thanks.

I have seen this abbreviation several times. So now it was time to ask what it means :wink:.

/Peder🙂

72/hicap also a contender for best real world combo

2 Likes

I had a 202/250. I thought it sounded great, but got a good deal on a 282. The changes brought with it were extraordinary. The 282 provided huge improvements. It’s still one of the biggest changes I ever heard to my system (with the others coming from speakers, tonearm, and NDX2).

Really? Funny that your post doesn’t reference the XPS DR :roll_eyes:

1 Like