252 - supercap

A NAP200 should come with a 4 pin SNAIC - and, yes its socket does carry +24 V DC, to power a PreAmp (so long as the Pre has its Blanking plug in its 5 pin DIN socket - which is where a HiCap would connect, via a 5 pin SNAIC).

No SNAIC’s were harmed, in writing this msg… :snake:

1 Like

Thanks. And I suppose you connect that to the SC just like the 250 that is shown in the diagram?

No doubt it will be sold separately perhaps a week later

1 Like

In case this helps.
I have a 252/SC running with a Nap200 as I wait for my wallet to recover before heading down the “settle” for a 250 or go all out on a 300 spiral.

The setup runs fine with a snaic4 between SC and 200 as almost shown with the 282 setup above. You should already have this lead with your 200 so will only need to buy the burndy and snaic 5 for your 252.

2 Likes

Yes. The Supercap or Hicap doesn’t connect the pin carrying the 24v from a NAP200 on the DIN4 sockets.

2 Likes

perfect @johnmorris67 I have that cable - thanks

I would call first. Because the Burndy comes with the 252 I doubt they will keep one in stock. Might need to be ordered?

TomTom have various Burndy’s listed for sale, on their Website - under Naim Cables.

1 Like

Good spot Ian. They do appear to have one in stock at £515.

2 Likes

The OP should check that they order the exact correct version - by phoning TomTom…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.