272 - 282 - 222?

You’re probably better off with an olive 82 though I preferred the 52.

I love my 282 but since I haven’t heard the others I can’t offer any comparisons.

4 Likes

Hello

Now the 282 has finally been delivered with the NAPSC. First with wrong cables.

Now 2 x DIN 4 on XLR have been delivered.

Has anyone already connected this to a 250 NC?

It doesn’t matter which cable I plug from the 282 into the 250 NC right or left channel and then from the HiCap to the other input (left or right?).

A little scary… I would have expected a Y cable - right?

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Hi Frank, my guess is that you’d connect the cables to socket 2 and 3 on the HiCap, the cables being wired for each channel, plugging the red Xlr into the right channel input on the 250.

Probably best to wait for someone that’s already done this to confirm or correct!

I think so too - but wait again. Are these pieces of cream too precious …

Thank you!!!

1 Like

I have a 282/HCDR feeding a NC250.

Use socket 2 and 3 from the HCDR (they have the same output) - just make sure you get the red (right) and black correct at the 250 end.

Enjoy - it’s sounds fab.

5 Likes

Congratulations on your new 282, you will require only one cable for connecting the hicap dr to nc 250 which is 4 pin din to 2 xlr and connected to socket 3 on your hicap dr.

Last one with part number 00-010-0250

Okay, these are now 2 different statements.

My Naim dealer sent me a 0244 after he sent me a completely wrong cable.

I only get a mono stage with option 1 from Sinewave - socket 2 and 3 on the HiCap!

If I reconnect my 272 with the Cadas RCA on XLR, it’s a stereo stage again.

I send the 0244 cable back and order a 0250, because the 250 NC is a symmetrical stereo power amplifier - or is something completely confused with me?

The 2nd Solution from BacktoNaim - my suspected Y solution would then be the same as with the 272 - that had worked at the time…

For me, a Y cable would still be the logical statement 2. Why should I use 2 different sockets from the Hi Cap, if I can achieve that with one.

Could it be that this would be the option for the big new 300 monoblocks?

Or how do you see it?
Grüße aus dem verregneten Hannover

There should be a pair of cables (Left and Right).

This is the cable you need which is 0250, single 4 pin din which will be connected to your socket 3 HICAPDR and then divided via a box in between to 2 XLRs (please excuse the dust at the back of the units)

1 Like

Clearly more than one way to skin a cat.

I have 2 x 4 Pin DIN to XLR (L and R handed) from socket 2 and 3…

Maybe the difference is 282 vs SN3 and a HiCap? Can’t imagine how though :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Separate cables will help when you upgrade to nc 350’s :grin:

1 Like

:persevere::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

1 Like

Surely It can be done however in the manual the following connections are recommended, socket 3 for stereo amp and to use socket 2 and 3 when using 2 mono power ampliers, the separate cable will help if you are upgrading to 350’s keeping the preamp same as 282 along with HICAPDR or Supercap as the single cable would be tighter if you plan to keep the 350 on separate shelves.

1 Like

Don’t really understand why the OP has had issues with the supplies cables in the config I have used though (from socket 2 and 3 of the HICAP)?

Even Naim states that the 250 is a dual mono balanced configuration…Maybe the cables he has are faulty.

That’s how it works now. Both option 1 - 0250 Y cable and option 0244 cable work.

A very good combination - great stage. A very good example of the cross over from OC to NC.

Just on the sidelines. Actually belongs in the New Classic Range.

In direct comparison with the NSC222, the much clearer but also more organic sound for my ears and my system with the Dynaudio Heritage.

When I compared 222 with NDX2 without a power supply and internal streamer, the difference was magical. I would have sold the NDX2 … Now with the 282 but no competition. This speaks for me for the internal streamer in the 222 and unfortunately against the preliminary stage in the 222. I have already read differently.

Thanks for the help and enjoy the music.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.