282 + HiCap DR + HiCap2?

There are plenty of previous threads both here and on the old forum on this.
I found a 2nd DR Hicap to be a major improvement over one on my 282. A SCDR gave minimal extra. Others have had a different experience…

I wouldn’t do a second HC. There are differing opinions about how much of an upgrade it really is in terms of value for money. I thought about that, and instead sold my HC DR and bought a secondhand SC DR. That was fortuitous because more recently a 2016 252 came up for a decent price. As I already had a SC DR that made it easier to upgrade.

If the longterm plan is to move from 282 to 252 the case for a SCDR is obviously enhanced…

I usually find the long-term upgrade is NOT in the plan…but I end up there anyway!

G

That’s my problem. I really wasn’t planning to be at 252/300, but have arrived there anyway. It’s a good place to sop as end game though, and now I have no choice.

1 Like

Even if there are no plans for a 252 a SCDR on the 282 is a very considerable improvement more resolution and greater staging.

1 Like

That it truly is. I had my 282/SCDR for months before I changed to a 252.

So in the end on a 282 it is better to use a single HiCap Dr or two HiCap Dr?

And the difference with a single Supercap DR is negligible?

One more if you want. Just a matter of taste, no absolute response.

Where there is cash, there is always a choice! The Brexit brings new found funds in your portfolio!

I see 552 in your future!

Enjoy your Music, the Why we do this!

Allante93!

Exactly right. Cash brings choice !

1 Like

There is no 500 series anything in my future. I have arrived where I want to be with my Naim kit. Now I look forward to retirement, although I do have my eyes on a carbon wheelset for my gravel bicycle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well spoken my friend, but never say never! I forgot you reside on this side of the pond. But if my portfolio allowed it:

Active Statements to say da least!

In da meantime, enjoy your $1K bicycle!

Just guessing!

You are very fortunate!

One of my favorite sayings:

Your money may be long, but life is short!

Enjoy da Moment😄

PS. I have a post on Home Theater section. Has anyone on the other side of the pond experienced Pioneer’s LX 800, I would love some feedback! That unit isn’t available over here!

Hah…$1K isn’t much for a bicycle these days. Two of my bicycles would cost $8K+ to replace at retail prices. I just upgraded my gravel bike to electronic shifting at a cost of $1800. Cycling can be an expensive hobby too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.