32.5 323 boards vs external phono stage - recs?

I have a recapped 32.5/HC/160 system and have gotten curious about what a different phono stage would sound like/compare. Of course I can check this out, but thought I’d start by asking here…any specific recommendations for a solid step up? I’m a bit curious about the LFD LE SE.

Also, another admittedly uninformed question - would I plug the external phono stage into an aux section of the 32.5?

The internal boards in a 32.5 are extremely good,outclasses a Naim Stageline when I have compared.
I have found that a Naim Prefix is a very good upgrade

1 Like

Agree with Igel that the cards are very good.

Worth hunting down the final /5 version if you don’t have them already.

Can’t recall which input is best or if there was any difference between them.

I only compared the 323 cards to Urika and Linto but felt they were more in the same spirit of the amp - no surprise really.

1 Like

With the internal cards you’re potentially reducing the number of cable connections in your phono reproduction path, that’s probably worth a SQ lift just on its own.

I’ve been running an external phono stage for a while now, a Graham Slee Accession. It sounds easily better than either the built-in stage of my XS3, and a Stageline N I ran powered by the same XS3. I now have a NAC42.5/NAP110 to play with, including MM boards. As soon as the pair return from service I might try the comparison again though, if nothing else it would be nice to reaffirm the SQ lift the Graham Slee stage brings!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.