4-pin din to RCA for SN3 to non naim power-amp

I would like to connect a non naim power-amp to my SN3. I do have a Hi-Cap DR.

Now i know that i have to use socket 3 (4 pin din) on the Hi-Cap DR, to use for a power-amp.

What cable can i use for this? Normally i look at flashbacksales, but the man dies sadly :frowning:

Will there be another brand for this cable?

Itā€™s for 4 pin DIN to stereo RCA

Thank you.

You can use the L and R subwoofer out, so bog standard 2 rca to 2 rca, and donā€™t connect speakers to the sn.

From the manual:
The RCA phono sub out sockets provide a stereo output intended for connection to an active subwoofer. The output signal is a duplicate of the preamplifier output. No low-pass filtering is applied.

It must be the best signal. That should be coming out of the Hi-cap DR. So thatā€™s why i need it to for socket 3.

The other way i do know.

Ahh or is it possible with the best sound quality out of the sub-outputs?

As i understand it: the hi-cap DR upgrade signal is in the SN3 and will come out the sub output. Then i donā€™t have to get the signal out of the Hi-Cap DR?

ā€œThe output signal is a duplicate of the preamplifier output.ā€ Thats with the upgrade power of the Hi-Cap DR, isnā€™t it?

Its the same wherever you take the signal, just from different points in the circuit. The subwoofer sockets will be the same as socket 3 on the hicap.

1 Like

Thanks, it works.

The official line is that you should take the signal from the PSUā€¦

There are those who disagee with this design, although discussing their approach will likely breach forum rules.

But if youā€™re using a completely separate power amp thatā€™s not even made by naim, Iā€™m not sure those reasons apply.

Is there a simple answer for me?

Is it possible to connect a 4 pin DIN on socket 3 of the Hi-Cap DR and connect this to a non-naim amp with RCA?

Yes, this should fine.

Yes it can be done and thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing at the moment.
DIN to RCA converter into socket 3 of the HC. Then RCAs to my power amp.
Strange combination?
I had my power amp, a Musical Fidelity Nu Vista 300 power amp rebuilt. New uprated transformers , recapped, ā€œmissingā€ power output transistors fitted, rewired, new socketsā€¦etc.
Its a grunty pair of lumps ( combined weight now over 55kg). All driven by a 72/hc/ndx2/xpsdr as well as a TT.
Iā€™m waiting for an empty house on Saturday to crank it up!

OK thx.

What brand of cable do you use? Where to buy?

Ebay. Ā£25.
Dont think there is a naim equivalent.
Works well. Give it a go.

Find it, and order it. Thx. 2meter

I think it will suitable for 282 by non naim amp

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.