45 RPM vinyl?

it’s on order and some sites sell it already.

Any title or artist to take on Amazon to try …?

try to see the 45 pm mobile fidelity catalog first. Anyone of the list will sound fabulous. But i don’t know if amazon sell that.

I knew about mofi. Anyway, I meant by the good price on Amazon

Can’t see any site selling it, as it hasn’t been released.

i see on elusive disc . com the dire straits 45 rpm mobile fidelity, communiqué and first album on pre order.
Brothers in arms is online , ready to sell. the same for 45 rpm love over gold. ( mofi and acousticsounds sites)

frenchrooster, the only mfsl 45rpm Dire Straits that’s been released is Brothers in Arms and that’s that.

and love over gold. However, as i wrote, you can put an order for dire straits/ dire straits and communique. They will very soon be realized.

Do you know when they will definitely be released? It seems they have been “imminent” for at least a year or two.

I didn’t know. So this pre order exists since more than one year?

I have no interest in Dire Straits, but MoFi and AP pre-orders often go for for a few years before you get the actual LP. On the positive side, they don’t usually charge you before they ship.

2 Likes

I think I bought a Plastikman one like that. It was hardly ever played because my cartridge wouldn’t track which I much later found was due to a snapped cantilever.

I pull this out to play today. I had forgotten about the 5 free tracks, a 45rpm 12" disc.
I don’t think though that it is comparing like for like. Whilst two tracks are duplicated, the inner lands on the 33 rpm are marked Utopia and the 45 rpm Bilbo.
The 33 rpm to my taste is a better balance, there is more depth, the drums and bass appearing out in the garden.
The 45 rpm is brighter, a flatter image just in front of the speakers. There is something like a congo drum on the right hand side, an intermittent “da-dum” beat and odd guitar notes just right of centre that are easier to hear.

is it a 45 rpm Mofi or just a 45 rpm one?

I have a few and on the whole they do sound better.

It is a 1986 UK issue

1 Like

The last two Tony Joe White vinyls, Rain Crow and Bad Mouthin’, were issued as 45 RPM
at normal price and sound great.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.