500 Series vs. Statement?

:+1:

1 Like

Hi purple66,
Vienna it is. When Lockdown is over you are very welcome for a listening session!
Pre-wise Iā€™m back to green at the moment and in my system/roomcontext the sound of 552/500/Chord Music is more balanced and with a meticulous setup Iā€™m absolutely in no hurry regarding the S1.
Happy listening!

7 Likes

Hi Jodl,
Thankā€™s for your invitation, Iā€™m looking forward to hear your system when lockdown is over. You are also welcome to listen to my system. Iā€™m living 20 kilometers outside Vienna. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if we both share to same dealer Longtone Hifi. If yes, than we probably know each other from one of his customer events.
So happy listening :blush:

You two are making me homesick :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awwā€¦

1 Like

Another spring cleaning day full with dismantling all boxes and shelves. I decided to place an empty shelf under the 500 stack to take the bottom amp (tweeters) out of the most direct influence from the huge Trafo in the S1 basement next to it. Maybe I am fooling myself but somehow itā€™s sound is very coherent now. Although I did prefer the more tidy looks with the two stacks left and right of equal height. Also the PS stack got better organized with the 555ps on the very bottom now and the sc for the snaxo above separated by a base shelf accommodating the chord connection in between for pre to sc. The three 500ps are now well separated from the rest too. So quite a successful weekend all together :wink::smiley:

15 Likes

Hi Charlie, may we assume that the light grey cable between the racks-entry to the Holy Grail was put there by your wife, purely to avoid you playing with your LP12. I mean weā€™ve have already seen one kitchen photo leading up to, what would have lead to ā€˜the bad boy-treatmentā€™?! :thinking::smirk: :rofl: The mind wanders Peter

1 Like

Your S1 looks positively diminutive next to your DBLs.

1 Like

Hi Peter
Love your sense of humor. :joy: :joy:
Its actually one of those cheapish chord interconnects for the signal between the SC/Superline into S1 . Without it playing with the LP12 would be quite in vain, my wife remains innocent hereā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦ as you can see

11 Likes

I think your dbls sound better is she is positioned a bit closer to you. Precisely halfway you and the loudspeakers.

Your wife defo has different firmware than mine. My wife tries to get my spot all the time.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been nearly 3 months since I switched out my 500/552 for the Statement. thereā€™s been NO looking back!

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.