552 as Update over 52 with nap 135

I tend to build a preliminary setup with untouched 52.
But I have some spare fraims to make a careful setup incl good cable dressing possible.
When wowed … final setup will follow.

2 Likes

We all have our ways of doing things. Just know that with a 552 the set up will be alot more sensitive and needs to be spot on. No burndys touching floor or wall. Anyway, you know the cable dressing drill.

I have found that a bit more care and attention with the 500DR set up has worked well. The bigger system you have the more difficult the cable dressing becomes!

And we both have big systems.

2 Likes

Read a bit of volume control being too sensitive with 552… worries me a bit but not enough not to test it.
Really like the 606 bringing a bit more fine tuning due to being less sensitive speakers. :rofl:

All „worries“ I read before - had in the end been a problem.

1 Like

Wait and see. Until you get it enjoy the 52. It’s days could be numbered!

1 Like

Yes - we both have big systems :heart_eyes:
3 stacks on each of us.

I am a totally cable dressing nerd - Burndy massage etc. will be very carefully! maybe preliminary setup is even better as in separate Fraim stack - I can build it high, as I have the first world luxury of having too much Fraim :grinning:

1 Like

Me and my 52 had some journey together - loose screw and repair. Hard to get between us - we will see. Right now album „5“ from lamb. Soooo good.

2 Likes

Guys…

:smile::+1: With love.

4 Likes

A room with 6 stacks of Fraim! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It’s less sensitive than on a Nac 52 or Nac 82 .

1 Like

What does this mean?
Louder at 9:00 and less fine tuning with volume
Or
Less loud at 9:00 and better fine tuning with volume

Less loud at 9:00 and better fine tuning with volume

1 Like

Yes, the room is the most important when upgrading or downgrading. As I posted before I am now back to 52/135s after having 552DR/500 and really don’t miss them. They are probably better but I have a very lively room which I have done my best to tame with tapestries (well carpets) on the wall and well positioned record storage but 90 db is the loudest I listen to. Above that the room gets “excited” no matter what is driving my NBls and the optimum to my ears is 52/135s, I don’t need louder.

I have recently upgraded my vinyl source to LP12/Tangerine subchassis/Karousel with my second Javelin/XV1s and the 52 lets all of the extra detail, musical layers and extended bass through to give a sound that is streets better than I had with the 552/500 so as the Americans say “go figure”. Paid for a couple of holidays as well. Source first as they also say.

2 Likes

Some of you guys have had great deals on the 500 kit. I’ve paid a lot more than the prices you guys have mentioned but I’ve picked up 2022 gear so I’m happy with it. Tbf for the enjoyment the gear provides i think it’s money well spent. I won’t be changing any components in my main system now.

1 Like

For the 500 it is good to find a newer one or recently serviced unit, as service costs are a bit more.
552 I found is a good deal - otherwise I would have not jumped onto it.

1 Like

@drago is looking through the window since this morning. Where is the UPS truck ?
:joy:

1 Like

500 and 552 have the same service cost if it hasn’t change recently :+1:

1 Like

Damn - where is it…
Next Wednesday… much work. Is postponed a bit

1 Like

I feared that :frowning: - and it could only be done in the UK I heared… Oh dear…

Looking for system automation cable… can I buy a digital one as well. (Koaxial)
Too much cables available… I am lost