552 chassis rings

I seem to recall they used to come in the box, but not sure as it’s too long ago now. I’m sure if you ask your Naim dealer he may be able to help here.

I have said quite a few times the fraim rings really badly, just clap next to it you can hear it very easily and so do some off the boxes.
Its probably designed that way, but whatever it sounds great so i dont worry about it

1 Like

1 Like

Not sure I understand the logic in designing metal feet and then add rubber fet onto them? Should affect performance?

I’ll leave it as is. It was just that I wasn’t aware when putting it on the Fraim rack and I almost pushed it of the shelf. Heart beat 200 BPM.

You put them in the middle of the feets ,they do not touch the feet if centered properly.

1 Like

They attach (stick) to the glass, inside the hollow Naim feet, and stop the Naim box sliding on the glass.

1 Like

Ah I see, makes sense then. Thanks

No the glass retainers in the pic above go on the underside of the glass around the ball bearing and not on the feet.
Its to stop the glass sliding about and you get a template to show you exactly where they stick

The

Fraim guards glass locators looks like this

2 Likes

Looks the same to me ?
Never seen or heard of putting them on the feet themselves and can’t see why you would or how you would do ut correctly

The Fraim glass locators are hollow and bigger and made to avoid the glass slipping, the other go inside the hollow feets to avoid the 552 slipping.

1 Like

I recently posted about this very subject. The ringing case actually somehow contributes to better sound.

I’m on my second pair of 135s and I always felt like the first pair sounded better. Only now I’ve realised that the plastic bars at the back of the device were damping the case. I’ve now removed them and I will report back to confirm.

I also noticed that my brother in law had accidentally left one transit screw in the 552 during installation which is very likely what was causing the less exciting sound from the 552.

I had a word with my dealer and I told him that I think the 552 is performing at about 60percent of what it should be. (Having also owned this very combination before).

Couple of dealers offer cups and ball bearing on line. Glass - 8mm from memory, check. Easily sourced from a local glass merchant, ask for Pilkington, most can do polished edge. Might not be exactly the same, but then neither will the price.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.