555ps dr

And some we cannot talk about😉

1 Like

Although quite why a collection of cables from the same source should be referenced by the name of a weaving machine isn’t quite clear. It’s not as if it’s the cloth threads themselves are so-named…

Yeah I thought that. Then I wondered does ‘loom’ come from ‘lumina’?

People also seem to use the term when referencing Witch Hat or Chord cables to mean all cables sourced from the same maker. Lumina presumably is derived from Lumos eg Light

Loom is probably an abbreviation of “wiring loom” which is a different term for

In our context it means, like Svetty wrote, all signal cables being the same type/manufacturer

1 Like

Weird sudden break-down of my 555ps (1,5 yrs old):
After 5 days of switched off mode (after a long holiday weekend) the on/off button did not ‘click-in’ and lock anymore … Power always faded after a couple of seconds and the box was dead - so was my entire 555/500 system unfortunately. My highly esteemed and long term naim dealer had to stop by to unscrew the ps-box and slightly adjust/touch this shaky spring on/off button switch mechanism on the inside. He fixed it within seconds luckily. What a weird, minor (quality?) glitch causing the whole system to fail… bringing 3 days of silence in the living room :wink:
The point I would like to make here is that in my experience the naim quality seems to ‘weaken’ more and more - this break down has not been the first glitch in my last 10 years journey climbing up the ladder … without their competent and super customer oriented local dealers naim would not be acceptable at this price-quality anymore.

Congratulations. I have one too, it’s most flexible piece of naim kit I’ve ever bought. Originally I used it to upgrade my HDX, then a power source for my NDS, then (less box mistake) powering my NAC-N 272 and now a power source for my ND555.
Enjoy. It’s a superb PSU.

:+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.