A crack from my Rega P8 TT

Krypton,
It’s the Project RCM I have on my list. It makes sense sooner rather than later. I was collecting LPs about 12 months before I got a TT. So, I’ve a few.
Dashing

1 Like

See my post above.

frenchrooster,
Thank you. Which mat did you use and did it change the sound of the Rega?
Regards
Dashing

My red Rega felt mat never comes off. The records have been cleaned on a Pro-ject and are kept in mofi inner sleeves. I’d avoid a non slipping mat if you want to remove records while the platter is spinning.

2 Likes

Yeah I did the same. Two years now and only getting an RCM now? The shame!

In the process of working through the collection a few LPs a day and the difference is really remarkable. Should have listened to the lot here sooner. I can now certainly say that it does what everyone here says it does.

1 Like

It’s a leather mat from analogue seduction. It doesn’t change the sound, just improves it slightly. You can even return if not satisfied.
The lp doesn’t come with it too. I find the Rega mat as poor design personally. Even not cut perfectly.

1 Like

Click through the speakers. It’s just bad design by Rega. I had it on my P8 too. Never had it on Vertere, VPI etc. I’m sure they will say it’s some mumbo jumbo no compromise crap as everyone doing bad design do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regarding static build up I recommend the anti static gun from Zerostat. Great toy.

I believe the P8 mat is antistatic? It was much much better than the one I had on my RP6.

1 Like

Hi there frenchrooster, I see you have a RP10, I think I’m right in saying from an older post you had the RP8. (Possibly I’m wrong :)) if so how was the sound signature different is it worth the extra cost? Have been trying out the 8 for a couple of weeks thinking of opting for the 10 but not heard it yet. Thanks

Make sure the cable to the power supply on the rega is not touching any other cable, as this can cause the pop noise, when you switch it off

1 Like

Also make sure the cable is firmly pushed home in the sockets on the PSU and deck.

Difficult to say if the extra cost is justified. The Rp10 is better, more refined and airy. Maybe 10/15% better. I got mine ex demo.
Now I am waiting for the P10 and Lyra Kleos. Will share.
( sorry for the late response…)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.