A new Pink Floyd song is being released

The new song is not really Pink Floyd material but the related video shows better what it’s about

Um - Oh dear - just heard it for the first time and I can now see why he didn’t use his own name! Yes brilliant guitar work but come on - it’s not Floyd, it’s not David Gilmour, it’s totally embarrassing garbage! I understand the songs origins but at least Roger can write a proper anti-war song. They could’ve re-interpreted something from the Final Cut and raised a hell of a lot more in aid.

Ah well - I’m glad now that Roger wasn’t asked!

2 Likes

I fully support the spirit behind this. I’ll donate the cost elsewhere but not buy the song. Too Eurovision, ironically…

Here’s one interpretation of the original song (patriotic folk song from 1914).

I would say that the resent release is only using Pink Floyd brand for a good cause and not try to be Pink Floyd track in a traditional sense.

Yes, perhaps the outcome could have been better but I do not see any harm done by this one either.

3 Likes

Now that’s lovely. Wish DG/NM had based their version on that.

2 Likes

Last post on this from me - please go to RW’s You Tube site and listen to his reinterpretation of the old “PF” song “The Gunners Dream” - there is a topic on here “Beautiful Music That Reduce You To Tears” well that just did!

2 Likes

100% correct. Lovely voice, lovely sentiment. They’ve missed a trick not promoting this version.

The marriage of traditional Ukrainian music and DG’s wailing guitar work is not a happy marriage IMHO.

1 Like

As always Roger seems to have a bit different approach

1 Like

If RW released an album scavenged from his stripped-back “lockdown” tracks on YouTube (including The Gunner’s Dream), in support of the Ukrainian cause, it would probably sell by the bucket-load.
That could generate some serious amounts of money for the cause!

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Really?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.