A visit to Naim HQ and the new Showroom

On that occasion we all signed NDAs, but those didn’t stop some on here blabbing.

Indeed. I recall a couple of well known and frequent-posting forum members hinting strongly, and after a while even discussing, what happened at that visit, even though we all had signed NDAs that still are binding today actually.

Best

David

I had a lovely time when i popped in on Friday afternoon, having been unable to make it the day before. I spent some time in R&D listening to different DSP variations on the prototype 372 and generally giving my opinion on it. Oops!

2 Likes

How did the Naim turntable sound through the 372?

2 Likes

Pretty good, but not as good as the cassette deck.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t post that…
You’ll get Steve fired and he’s such a lovely chap, he doesn’t deserve that!
:rofl:

‘like’

Best,
C.

Wow massive improvement, would love to visit it again…

:joy:

I swear I saw a new CD player being listened to by ‘Golden Ears’ when I was wandering around R&D.

It’ll never catch on.

Is Richard really that tall and 007 in real life?

1 Like

He is, but he smiles more often than 007 does…

3 Likes

‘The name’s Dane.….Richard Dane….’

6 Likes

Glad you all had a great time… I did have some family matters to attend and had to drop out at short notice.

I knew about all the TT - posted back in April.

@Xanthe
Eleanor, I wish to purchase a copy of the Robin Ticciati version of Symphony Fantastique which you played at the Naim Audio visit last week. Would you please advise if the version you played was a 16bit CD RIP or a 24bit download?
Thanks, Clive

1 Like

Hi Clive it was the 24bit download.

Personally I think it’s worth the extra, I converted it to 16bit and there was a slight loss of the delicacy, subtlety and precision in the first three movements and it also lost a little of the drama of the last two movements.

Hi Nigel, my Symphonie Fantastique is a Linn Records release 24/192, I guess Xanthe that yours is also Linn.
I had a look around 'tinternet to see who has it, interesting
Amazon CD (out of stock) is showing £18.99 & more, some at £32
Linn Records 24/192 is £15
No contest

Yes, I also think that the SCO Ticciati version is a very good rendition.

I found the CD on Amazon Prime for £11.99. Search again ‘Ticciati Berlioz’, I think that’s how I found it. However, I think I’m going to go for the 24/192 download.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.