Access a CD library on Naim Uniti Atom

If you have that spare PC and are comfortable installing a new OS you might consider Daphile. It’s a standalone Linux distro that will rip CDs to flac, add metadata and serve them on upnp/dlna.
I used it for a while before buying my Innuos Zen mini and, given that it’s free, it’s really rather good.

1 Like

Hi @IDiot. I was faced with a similar dilemma to yours when I got a 272 some years ago along with a NAS. My CDs were mostly classical and I opted for MinimServer as my server software as it was explicitly written with classical in mind. I’ve subsequently also used Asset. Minim undoubtedly has a steeper learning curve than Asset, but it is extremely customisable and does offer some features for classical that Asset doesn’t and it’s still my preferred server software.

If you do go re-rip your collection, I think it’s worthwhile spending some time deciding just how you want to organise your metadata. The main thing is to find a system that works for you. I’d recommend playing around with a representative subset of your collection before committing to ripping the whole lot.

Finally, Minim has a friendly forum, which Simon Nash, who wrote the software visits. So if you run into problems it’s worth posting there. There’s a forum for Asset, too.

Roger

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.