Acoustic panel

As @Folkman said earlier, once you sorted out your first and second reflection points, positioning doesn’t really matter anymore (this is true only for porous material based “bass traps”). The more traps the better.

A good treatment should cover 10% of the room’s total surface (including floor and ceiling). But this, of course, depends on your goals.

I spent quite some time thinking how to make the treatment acceptable. My wife likes it :

2 Likes

Very nice room that look like vicoustic treatment.

Excuse me for getting little off topic: Is that the Magico S Series?

Yes, Magico S3 MkII (with SPODs)

1 Like

Wow. Thanks.
Two weeks ago I got in touch with Magico for the first time in my live: A colleague had “the humble” A1 at home for a demo. I still have to think about that hour in front of his system with those speakers. Very impressive.

Those S3 must be simply outstanding. Congratulations.

2 Likes

Hi, Does the skyline diffusion make much of a difference between the speakers and do you have difuser on your back wall.?

Diffusion between the speakers helps with stereo image.
On the back wall I chose absorption because of distance limitations.
My setup details :
The Listening Room Reality - #879 by Thomas

I find adding diffusion really depends on the sort of results you are after.

Trouble is , until you try it you will not know if the results are to you liking.

Personally having tried diffusion i found it wasn’t to my liking. So my treatment is all absorption.

1 Like

My room has some ehco so I am thinking of diffuser on back wall and maybe gik 150mm panel with scatter plate on them on front. My room L shape that has a kitchen in the L with granite tops. So diffuser might work.

Very nice speakers. :blush:

Thanks!
More importantly they sound incredibly good :star_struck:

Hello.
Maybe this is useful…
https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/vicoustic-website.appspot.com/o/white-papers%2Fhiend-room%2Fdocs%2FWP_Hi-End-201904-WEB.pdf?alt=media&token=f315a14d-896e-44a7-9e42-88acce71bcbc
T Hannu

Hi what distance is the front of your speaker away from the acoustic panel on your front wall.

I have installed some GIK Acoustic Panels, they tidied up the bass, plus also look nice.

image image

Yes they are nice panels I will be getting something like yours for front and back of my room, we are looking at the poly fuser.

The relevant distance is : speaker to front-wall.

Sound will travel through the panel and bounce against the wall.

For lower frequencies, it’s even like there wasn’t any acoustic panel. Lower frequencies carry a lot of energy and you need a lot of porous absorber to even start slowing them down.

The panels behind my speakers are membrane based (they target mainly lower frequencies).

The distance between my front-wall and the front of my speakers is ~1 meter.

Your speakers seem to be nicely placed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reply I find a meter works well from the wall but I like to get as near field as I can so I can get 6f off the speakers before I hit center of room.

Be carefull with listening position.

If you can avoid being in the center of the room or against a wall, then do so.

Walls are high pressure zones, you get bass boosts.

Center of the room is, usually, the exact opposite, you get cancellations.

But I guess you already know that :grinning:

Ah yes I do not sit center I go either side of center line. I have a choice of 10f from speaker or 6f it’s just a matter of pulling chair back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.