Acoustic panel

My room has some ehco so I am thinking of diffuser on back wall and maybe gik 150mm panel with scatter plate on them on front. My room L shape that has a kitchen in the L with granite tops. So diffuser might work.

Very nice speakers. :blush:

Thanks!
More importantly they sound incredibly good :star_struck:

Hello.
Maybe this is useful…
https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/vicoustic-website.appspot.com/o/white-papers%2Fhiend-room%2Fdocs%2FWP_Hi-End-201904-WEB.pdf?alt=media&token=f315a14d-896e-44a7-9e42-88acce71bcbc
T Hannu

Hi what distance is the front of your speaker away from the acoustic panel on your front wall.

I have installed some GIK Acoustic Panels, they tidied up the bass, plus also look nice.

image image

Yes they are nice panels I will be getting something like yours for front and back of my room, we are looking at the poly fuser.

The relevant distance is : speaker to front-wall.

Sound will travel through the panel and bounce against the wall.

For lower frequencies, it’s even like there wasn’t any acoustic panel. Lower frequencies carry a lot of energy and you need a lot of porous absorber to even start slowing them down.

The panels behind my speakers are membrane based (they target mainly lower frequencies).

The distance between my front-wall and the front of my speakers is ~1 meter.

Your speakers seem to be nicely placed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reply I find a meter works well from the wall but I like to get as near field as I can so I can get 6f off the speakers before I hit center of room.

Be carefull with listening position.

If you can avoid being in the center of the room or against a wall, then do so.

Walls are high pressure zones, you get bass boosts.

Center of the room is, usually, the exact opposite, you get cancellations.

But I guess you already know that :grinning:

Ah yes I do not sit center I go either side of center line. I have a choice of 10f from speaker or 6f it’s just a matter of pulling chair back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.