Acoustic panels

A good question, there was a good reason why I centred them on the recommended listening position but I can’t find it right now. It certainly seems to work. Technically as the front face of the Briks are 47cm from the front wall then the first reflection point would be 113cm from the front wall…

Regards

Richard

The GIK acoustics website is a bit of a pain to use.

As my listening room is small (approx 8ft by 9 foot with height of 7 and three quarter feet) I suspect I only need two small panels. The acoustic art ones look good.

Need to tame the echo

Speakers are on the large side: B&W DM2a’s. Bit like Spendor BC1’s. Amp is a Nait 1.

I haven’t found that (the UK one), though it is a while since I last looked in depth. They are one of the suppliers that offer a free assessment service, given your room details and requirements, to recommend the most appropriate and effective treatment, though of course only from their own range of products. (There is, or was when I last looked into it, at least one other supplier that offers a similar service, but I don’t recall the name having found GIK very good). GIK can also accept REW measurement files that they will interpret to work out what is happening in your room, and can even advise what measurements to take.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.