Active system

My room has not solid floor, but suspended wood.
My speakers are very easy to drive. Sitting 3m of them ( from central point).
The music fills the entire room . I am completely immersed with good recordings. Bass is clear, visceral, well defined.
Speakers have disappeared entirely. Only 250 dr.

2 Likes

Yes, but the Statement will not be fully exploited. It deserves better speakers and bigger room.
I won’t drive my 8 Ferraris on little countryside roads.

Ferrai or Stetment it depends on your demands

With you on that point HH

Well to day i took out the red big box…instead i put a small box a place for my TV …the sound raised up like a magic…sound very good i`m happy ii did it//french a answer for your question long ago

2 Likes

Personally I would go for Dutch & Dutch 8c’s to go active. Got building work at present so my plans are on hold. Cheaper than a 500.

Not looking for cheaper… looking always for better

Ok then, better!

Surely it’s 2x500DR for SL2?

Whether it’s sensible or not… I leave to others.

Ah, good choice. Glad you enjoy. I guess you don’t want to put the tv on the wall because of the nice red tapestry?

1 Like

Speakers can breath more now :dash::wind_face:

@Bluesfan tested them at home I think to remember.

I recall he didn’t like the feed from the RME. Lots of other options, such as the Auralic Aries g2.

I can only echo what PeterR has said, and like Peter I also was an active guy, but not anymore.
I ran sbl’s active for years with 250 amp’s, then I had ovator S600 active, with 3 x 250’s, then I added a 300dr to bmr, i too got feed up with all the active boxes, cables and faff that goes with it.
So much so I sold the lot and went for a single 500dr and pmc fact 12 speakers, so much easier to live with, plus the music that they made, was easily the best the system had sounded.
Yes active is OK, but I think these days its not the big jump that you once got 20 plus years ago with the hifi gear at the time.
Plus the cost involved to do it right and keep it right is high and once again this will buy you a very fine amp and speakers.

Maybe latter but still it’s small,not big as before .i like my room not empty between the speakers … something need to be there covering the speakers cable

1 Like

Yes they breath very good,also more relax not booming I had sometimes in the mid before

1 Like

RME? Like RME Dac? A correlation with Dutch and Dutch?

Hi FR,
Here you go with a link to my experience with the Dutch & Dutch 8C:
Auditioning Dutch & Dutch 8C at home

The subsequent 30 or so posts capture my experience with these rather special active speakers. The conclusion was that the 8C speakers have great potential, unlike that rather relentlessly nasty and harsh RME ADI Pro 2 FS dac control unit which measures brilliantly but sounds plain nasty to these cloth ears. There must be a better digital controller out there somewhere.

By all accounts, the 8C are excellent with a NAC272 + external power supply.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

The response is for @Dozey. thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.