Active system

In 15 m2?

I can’t help but think an investment in a high end headphone set up might be more appropriate in 15m2, not to mention a lot cheaper and less hassle to get right.

1 Like

Not sure I was only once and he didn’t have his statement yet mine room is 18 m2

I know long time leather furniture is bad for sound but I like them they are very convenient

Sorry, I thought to have read 5X3 m, but it’s 5X 3,5 m. I have the same size, and for me even 300 dr alone was too much.
Honestly, a Statement for SL2 in such room would for me a complete waste of money. But it’s not mine.
Don’t be offended, I just try to think honestly.

My room is 5.5 by 3.6m and the 300DR is perfect. A 500 would be perfect too. The nice thing about a smaller room, especially if it has solid walls and a solid floor, is that you can shut the doors (we have fire doors) and really drive the room and get an immersive listening experience. In a large room, the system can sometimes sound a bit lost unless it’s really loud.

2 Likes

With Statement you get better quality to music it’s not about more power

2 Likes

My room has not solid floor, but suspended wood.
My speakers are very easy to drive. Sitting 3m of them ( from central point).
The music fills the entire room . I am completely immersed with good recordings. Bass is clear, visceral, well defined.
Speakers have disappeared entirely. Only 250 dr.

2 Likes

Yes, but the Statement will not be fully exploited. It deserves better speakers and bigger room.
I won’t drive my 8 Ferraris on little countryside roads.

Ferrai or Stetment it depends on your demands

With you on that point HH

Well to day i took out the red big box…instead i put a small box a place for my TV …the sound raised up like a magic…sound very good i`m happy ii did it//french a answer for your question long ago

2 Likes

Personally I would go for Dutch & Dutch 8c’s to go active. Got building work at present so my plans are on hold. Cheaper than a 500.

Not looking for cheaper… looking always for better

Ok then, better!

Surely it’s 2x500DR for SL2?

Whether it’s sensible or not… I leave to others.

Ah, good choice. Glad you enjoy. I guess you don’t want to put the tv on the wall because of the nice red tapestry?

1 Like

Speakers can breath more now :dash::wind_face:

@Bluesfan tested them at home I think to remember.

I recall he didn’t like the feed from the RME. Lots of other options, such as the Auralic Aries g2.