Adding artwork after ripping

So I had dbpoweramp free version on my pc I plan to buy the full version today (not sure if I should get pefecttunes with it?). I recently got a 2nd cd off eBay and rushed to rip it to check the cd was ok. Actual music is great what I didn’t notice is that I need the full reference version of the software to pull album artwork. I put the rip without artwork into my asset server then noticed it was missing. I’ve grabbed an image off amazon and put it in the folder but it’s not linking the image to the cd/tracks. I tried using media player but not only does media player already recognise the cd and give it artwork (which doesn’t change the files or my server) but if I try to change that artwork it says it can’t.

Do I have to buy db reference then redo the cd or is there another option?

Although I have a full fat version of dbpoweramp I use metadatics to search for album artwork and editing file names. I can’t recall whether metadatics is Apple only.

1 Like

mp3tag will grab the artwork and track info among other things from multiple sources and insert the image into each file and you can also get it to write the image file to folder.jpg / cover.jpg.

4 Likes

All sorted! Once I bought the full reference version of the software and installed it the option to edit tags appeared in file explorer and it happily grabbed the artwork from the internet took less than a minute.

Having the full software was always the plan anyway not only because of buying cds of stuff that either isn’t available or is expensive digitally ( I got the cd I’ve mentioned for £2.30 when the qobuz cd quality version was £12). But also need to convert some of my flacs to something iTunes can read for other family members.

I’ll keep mp3tag in mind if I ever need it in the future.

4 Likes

+1 on MP3tag (longtime user on both my Mac and PC). Although I’ve got the reference/paid version of DBpoweramp as well.

I use MP3tag pretty much every week editing and fixing metadata on albums that I buy

1 Like

It’s worth buying for the actions, you can create some nice automations.

I’ve noticed some of my downloads from Qobuz have multiple space. leading & trailing spaces.

I was sceptical about the need for MP3Tag, but a few days later I was eating humble pie for every meal.

2 Likes

dBPoweramp had done everything I’ve needed with regard to metadata and cover art for the last 10 years. I’ve never ever considered getting something additional.

2 Likes

Same here. And very old purchases ID are always very easily recognized on there website so you download again whenever you want.
Great tool. I also use the Assetupnp.

1 Like