Adding Music Shares via the Naim App

Years back I had a UnitiServe but sold it due to frustrating mechanical problems. I also used MinimServer at the time on my QNAP NAS that is still in place. I created a NaimRips folder where all ripped CD’s reside. I’m demoing a Nova from my dealer and a trial of Roon which I was able to provide the pathname to NaimRips. When the old MinimServer version went caput I didn’t update and Naim App could no longer see the files in NaimRips. On the NAS there is a folder (multimedia) that has four music files the Naim App can see. I can’t see an option in the NA to allow a pathname to the NaimRips folder. Although, I can copy and paste files from NaimRips to Multimedia and play the files via the NA. I could copy/paste the entire lot of files to Multimedia but a pathname would be preferred.

I will revamp the folder structure on the NAS eventually but would like to provide the path.

Looking for a solution to get access to the NaimRips folder via the NA.

I can see the QNAPNAS and TwonkyMedia as servers and those original four files plus the few that I copy and pasted are in both.

Regards…

You can’t add a Music Share via the Naim app unless it’s to a UnitiCore.

Instead you need to add it to whichever server software it is that you are running on your NAS.

Next audition (shootout) is the new 200 series vs NOVA in a week or so. I’ll see about using Twonky which is on the NAS to point to the NaimRips folder.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.