Advice needed for speakers for a NSS333 NAP252 NAP250-3 setup

(I think that) Mission 770s are a modern reintroduction of Farad Azima’s classic loudspeaker design. They haven’t been in continuous production since the 1970s.

I remember that they caused a huge fuss when they were first introduced, because of their use of new plastics, giving the speakers a very ‘fast’ or ‘immediate’ musical response.

Good idea Frenchrooster. Le studio Hi-fi is my dealer in France. I might drop by.

2 Likes

There’s no such thing as a 250-3! I know this will look a little pedantic, but when the 250DR arrived some forumites tried to call it the 250-3 because it was the successor to the 250-2. Others called it 250.2DR. Naim just called it 250DR, and they call the current version New Classic 250, so I suggest it’s a lot simpler if people use the names given by Naim.

1 Like

Actually to be fair, Naim themselves have referred to the NC250 as the 250-3, as used on the PCB in the internals…see photo.

4 Likes

That’s a number hidden on a PCB inside the box which nobody can normally see, and is never used in any Naim sales or marketing literature. I don’t expect to have to get a screwdriver out to see what I’ve got when I can just read what it says on the outside of the box.

New classic 250 then it will be. But Naim naming convention is not straightforward in this case.

Indeed, their naming has long been a source of confusion!

Mate I was only pointing out that the OP has probably got his naming convention from here and has been discussed elsewhere in this forum as the (-3)…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s good to muddy the waters on naming , I’m only just getting to grips with the new range .

BD250
CB250
Olive250
250DR

My box says 250 New Classic

Should it be 250NC then …

I agree, endless discussions about naming things is one of the reasons (Amongst many) I left the IT industry and retired :grin:.

2 Likes

Yes, the Dyns love high current amps. Your NC250 should be able to drive the Confidence 20 just fine. I have the previous generation big brother in the Confidence C2 Platinum and they play great with my 300DR.

2 Likes

You forgot the 200! It was the predecessor to the original 250, and not to the Classic 200, which was a different (unregulated) design. :woozy_face:

I’m clearly late to the party. You’ve moved on from the Proac K6’s in that beautiful room with those amazing pieces of art? One of my favorite rooms from the system pic’s thread.

2 Likes

I know you appreciate the room. I absolutely love it. And it will stay as it is. The room is located in Paris. But now my life is shared between Paris and Milano. I am setting up a new place.

2 Likes

Ah, that makes complete sense now. Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

And a Nova on your Yatcht ? :joy::joy::joy:
Just jealous

1 Like

Let’s not exagerate!

2 Likes

Makes sense for Nova on a yacht. Good choice sir! :rofl:

Just needs to be bolted in place. No Fraim in the cabin!

1 Like

I’d like to reincarnate as you.

2 Likes
3 Likes