Advice please! Naim AV2 with Narcom Dvi or AV remotes

I have an old but perfectly working Naim AV2 with Naim amps, for my 5.1 system. I have been using it for nearly 10yrs without any issues. I did use a battered old Narcom AV for a while but eventually replaced it with a Narcom Dvi which did everything I needed, ie volume, setup and standby buttons!).
Yesterday I found that the Dvi wouldn’t put the AV2 into standby, so I did it manually on the front of the AV2, then found the remote wouldn’t make the AV2 come OUT of Standby mode. SO now I have to press the two buttons on the right hand side of the AV2 to change it from Standby to On, or vice-versa.
Can anyone suggest how to rectify this please? (it may be the remote’s age, or it could be that I have accidentally ‘caught’ a particular key combination without knowing it.)
Any help would be most welcome.
Thank you!

2 Likes

I have to ask - have you changed the batteries?

1 Like

Please repeat and abide by forum rules - I have edited your post.

As cdboy suggests, first change the batteries to new ones. Old batteries can make the handset behave oddly.

1 Like

Yes. Brand new Duracell batteries fitted!

Are there any other Naim remotes that use similar main codes would be able to operate the volume and standby modes of the AV2?

There are two remotes - the original AV2 handset which looked similar in style to the Narcom 2, and then the later AV Narcom which came with the DVD5 and N-Vi. It’s a case of asking around a few likely Naim dealers or keeping an eye on auction sites.

1 Like