Afraid to Upgrade

:joy::joy:

That is one hilarious mic drop statement, though I know you are serious. I feel your pain. I sit and stare at mine thinking…….”could’ve bought a new car, a Panerai 8 days watch, invested”, the list goes on. But when I have a horrible day at work, and go to my listening area and put on Manu Katche, Tord Gustafson, or anything else, it’s all worth it. I earned that money, my wife has the new car, and we have a great life and are healthy and happy. So I stop worrying.

Scott

5 Likes

Exactly, I prefer personally to buy gear instead of going in a Palace in the Marquise Islands for holidays.
Hopefully I have no pressure from my wife.

3 Likes

I would look to getting a second 555ps…or an ND555… I think I might just buy the 2nd 555ps…with a view to upgrading to the ND555…either way you will be very happy!
The NDS to me sounds very ‘organic’ and the ND555 is much more explicit…both are superb with the ND555 you definitely have more detail…and allot more functionality…However looking at your system you are definitely getting to the point where a 552 would make sense as the 252 will hold it back a bit…(once you add either a extra supply or ND555) I went NDS…then 552 then ND555 and have never regretted it…even with small speakers

2 Likes

I started by journey in 1983, an original Mission Cyrus One, a used Pink Triangle turntable, and a pair of original Wharfedale Diamonds. I still have the Pink Triangle, which has now got an Audio Origami Rega RB300 upgraded arm, and a Rega Cartridge. My Naim journey started with a Nait 5, Stageline, and a CD5, the Nait 5 was replaced by a 112x/150. In turn they got a Flatcap. I now have no CD player, use a Roon based streamer, along with a 202/200 and another power supply, feeding a pair of Kudos X3’s, the upgrades all done via carefully selected used equipment from #Cymbiosis, who also worked his magic on my PT turntable. Save money, stop trying upgrades, because you will want to keep them, such as Titan mains leads and Kudos KS-1 speaker cable, both of which I tried and purchased. Life goes on, what will tempt me next? I am happy with the sound I have, so no need to try anything new, because I will catch that nasty virus, the upgrade bug!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.