Albums for a give Artist from dbpoweramp Rip

I know he isn’t using Asset and everyone has been recommending that he does, if only because nearly nobody on the forum knows about the built-in one of the qnap, so it’s difficult to help, while most know about Asset and any issues it might have

I’m also aware that you can stick every album into the music folder separately. That doesn’t necessarily make it the best way to go about it for everyone. A decent UPnP server doesn’t care anyways, as you say

1 Like

Hi Ken

You need to buy and install Asset but it’s not expensive and it’s easy to do. Just Google dbpoweramp and you will find it. It’s made by the same people.

When you arrange your folders on the nas, have one for each artist and then add the various albums to that artist folder.

Asset will find them and let you see all the albums by the artist exactly as you want. The browse tree can be customised as required. It’s bit of a fiddle but worth doing. But to get you going the default settings will be fine.

Thanks to all who suggested Asset. I have now installed that and i can see that it does exactly what i want it to do. I still have the default upnp appearing in my Naim ios app upnp servers even though i have disabled it in QNAP – perhaps there is more i need to do – maybe restart the NAS itself. Its not a real ‘problem’ but just an untidy nuisance.

thanks again guys – when i have some time (should do since i am retired now) i will dig a little into QNAPs capabilities so i understand a little more. right now my understanding is zilch!!!

enjoy/ken

Found a way eventually – its in Control Panel/Multimedia Management. All looking good now – i can only see the Asset upnp.
enjoy/ken

2 Likes

Well done Ken! I certainly find navigating my way around the Qnap a bit of a challenge and I’m sure many others do too.

Don’t forget to keep a backup of your ripped albums and downloads. If your Qnap is like nine you can connect a USB drive to the front to do it. It’s pretty easy and is set up with a couple of clicks. Another little task for an idle moment…

i am ripping via dbPoweramp now. being lazy and thick, i just accepted default settings. have any of you guys played with the settings and did you come up with some kind of ‘optimal’ setup.
enjoy/ken

I think for rock/pop type albums the dbpoweramp defaults are fairly sensible. Rip a few CDs and take a look at filenames, metadata, folder structure and so on and tweak to your tastes. Classical may be entirely different but that’s not something that concerns me.

I use the dBp defaults, FLAC level 5 etc. (I play as WAV)
I’ve added one DSP ‘HDCD’ just in case I get one & forget

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.