Alice

Favio1, truly sorry to hear about your loss and the heartache and pain can be unbearable.

I lost my father in 1962 when I was very young and my mother in 1994. The one thing I know is that they both live on in my memory and often bring a smile to my face.

The pain and heartache will ease up over time and will open up to all the beautiful memories of your mother.

3 Likes

It is always a very difficult thing to come to terms with. Even though my parents had been quite unwell and had poor quality of life for several years both departed relatively quickly and unexpectedly - probably a blessing in many ways but even that didn’t make it any easier.

I still haven’t sorted out the family estate, largely due to coronavirus lockdowns, partially due to emotional reasons - I think I’m finally coming to terms with the emotional side of things.

The hardest thing over the past 18-24 months has been recurrent dreams in which they are still alive - no idea if this is common but it’s both a reminder of better days and a wake up call about my own health. Ultimately we have a finite existence and it can be cut cruelly short.

2 Likes

Condolences @Fabio1 , take care.

1 Like

We have a finite existence which can be cruelly cut short.

Sorry Fabio. I hope they had a full filled life. My parents were poor but I hope content with each other.

Fifth anniversary of my younger daughter’s death to day. She made 48 years,like her mother.
Daughter 1 and I put her ashes in the nature reserve where in those last hopeless weeks she liked to sit and listen to the birds.

I will try and summon up the strength and courage to walk there and give her the annual ceremonial bunch of garden flowers bollocking for leaving so quickly. I miss her badly some times.

Thanks for borrowing your thread. It is quite therapeutic. I shall have a quick grizzle(half cry) and carry on.
N

6 Likes

I wish I could write in Italian in such a case, anyway this is what I feel to say from the deep of my heart:all your replies helped me relieving pain and they were so many that I did not expect.Thank you all one more time and I’m thinking all the situations described by some of you, some really hard.To these I wish all my best and I will never forget for sure.
Mille grazie!
Fabio

6 Likes

Apologies I’ve only just read this.

We may not have always seen eye-to-eye, but you have my most heartfelt condolences; I wish I could lend you strength in this.

The loss is great, and the hole left by the passing of a parent is deep.

I sincerely wish you well.

5 Likes

It’s hard to say something that doesn’t sound glib or trite. So I’ll just say my thoughts are with you and your mother.

.sjb

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.