Alternative UPnP server... suggestions to try

How about sending a pleaful email to Mr. Spoon about Asset? “This bug is really a pain for me, even to the point of looking for alternative software. I’d really like to stick with Asset - any idea of when this might be fixed?”
You never know, he might be forthcoming with a timeline.

tbh I don’t like to hassle people too much… what with the situation as it is.

True, but you’d have thought it might elicit a quick response (or be totally ignored).

I’ll give him an email… he can always say get lost or, as you say, ignore the email :wink:

Friendly email sent…

and a reply… very busy with other programmes at the moment but not forgotten.

I am sorry for that. You must have what you need. I normally use only ‘Albums’ with mconnect on iPhone and iPad, and it shows the thumbnail cover arts, which I scroll and that’s it. Somebody more technical than me, the network guy at my dealer’s, said that Twonky is the industry standard for many DLNA servers.
I have also bought a new product, ArkMS, especially thought for Macs, but it has the same price as Twonky and the poorest GUI I have ever seen. The artwork doesn’t even appear in thumbnails on mconnect until I start the piece and a larger pic is shown on the single display page. I don’t want to ever begin to do sound comparisons, otherwise the nightmare begins once more.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.