Am I being unreasonable?

Yep, its particularly cheeky as the actual screen implementation is fairly poor

1 Like

It’s not always.
Just look at the Senate trial, for instance.

Yes.

Yes the site is (sometimes) naff. IIRC, trading standards were onto them a while back for spurious claims their marketing company wrote about the PowerLines. It’s all outsourced and not always double checked by the mothership. Site issues crop up on the forum from time to time.

But as was said by others, and totally correctly:

• You waited way to long to raise the issue with your dealer/Naim. I’d say a month is really the max that a buyer should wait to raise the issue of a refund. Far less if constantly used.
  • Even if the the interface had been identical, it’s software. There’s no guarantee that it wouldn’t change overnight with a firmware patch to do the same thing in a way some users aesthetically hate.
1 Like

Especially if you use that phrase, as quoted

1 Like

After 2+ years?? But I don’t know how UK consumer protection law works.
Seems a long time to realize one is not “satisfied.”

Many decades ago my Mom worked at the customer service window of a local Sears store. Craftsman tools had a “lifetime guarantee.” People would bring in all sorts of old banged-up tools and want a refund, or a replacement with a new one. People would go to thrift sales, estate sales, buy any old Craftsman tool and bring it in to exchange.

And for a short while my wife worked over one holiday season at Bloomingdales. People would bring in bed comforters (duvets) that they’d obviously used for years, had not cleaned, and demanded a refund for ‘not satisfied.’ The store policy was to give a refund.

The moral of the story, to quote Jerry Seinfeld. “People. They’re the worst.”

OP - yes you’re being unreasonable.

1 Like

If you were sold something which was not as advertised and have given the manufacturer time to bring it up to the standard you were originally sold, then you have recourse, so long as there was not a disclaimer in the adverts.

Where it will go and what you will get is something best addressed by a solicitor. They will be able to tell you up front what your next best option is (which may or may not involve a solicitor), the likelihood of the result you want and what the alternatives might be. They might just advise you to forget it - in which case your consultation fee will be money well spent.

I hope you get a satisfactory resolution. I believe Naim and the dealer network will play fair, but there are limits to anything.

They’re not sold directly by Naim so your recourse is with the dealer for the sale and his is with Naim. The website would be the concern of advertising standards and a complaint to them might have legs but waiting 2 years just makes it look like it wasn’t really so much of a problem.
A cynic might suspect you think it’s time for an upgrade and you’re trying to maximise what you can recover from your current unit.

Do you like the sound?

Blimey - I never realised that for 11 years I’ve had the wrong knob.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.