Am I getting the best out of the streaming part of my system?

I have decided on a dCS Bartók. In black, without the headphone amp. Collecting it today, from that great Naim dealership in Harlow, Essex.

4 Likes

Is that a cod piece?

Nice, keep us up to date on your thoughts. I notice in your profile that you currently have the network bridge, are you trading that in on the Bartok? What about the clock, will you be adding one of those eventually?

1 Like

Firstly congratulations on your new Bartok. Surely a great kit at that price point. And can be envy of many people given reputation of dCS.

However, interesting to see how one’s personal preference can be different from other for these toys at these price points. One cannot go wrong with any of the choices. It boils down to just personal preference.

I had a home demo of Bartok. I have Mcintosh c2300 pre and 2xMC275 in Monoblock and Sonus Fabre Cremona M. I did not like Bartok’s sound to be that engaging. The one that made sense to me in my system (had a home demo too) with huge SQ upgrade is Rossini. But well, the price is $25k USD. So took a pause.

Then I demoed NDX 2 in my home. Initially did not like that much. But over a period of time got hooked into it and eventually got the same a week back. I operate it now both Streamer+Dac mode as well as Streamer only mode with my P S Audio Direcstream Dac. The second one does really sound fabulous in my overall system - a sweet spot between engaging as well as relaxed presentation for vocal, jazz, indian classical. I use the NDX 2 in dac more for the rock/pop foot-tapping music.

Apart from the engaging SQ of NDX 2 (which I eventually started appreciating ) what I really liked about NDX 2 in the overall streaming experience/usability. Naim’s streaming platform is far more better than Mosaic in terms of flexibility and options IMHO.

Anyway, I am sure you must have found Bartok very compatible and engaging with ur rest of the system.

However, just curious, have u ever considered MSB Discreet with Powerbase ? You probably could have got it at the same price range as that of Bartok. If I am going for next upgrade I shall probably go for MSB with NDX 2 in streamer only mode.

Congratulations again on new Bartok. Enjoy music.

Regards,
Sourav

4 Likes

Are you getting the 5v SR4T or a custom voltage for the oRendu (spec is for 6-9v) ?

My Ciunas LPSU outputs 5.4v on one of the two channels and that is feeding the oRendu with no apparent problems.

7V for the opticalRendu, 9 or 12V for the EtherRegen.

1 Like

Hi @smazumder and thank you…No, I didn’t consider the MSB Discreet with Powerbase.

Bartók all setup and sounding wonderful. Even though it was stone cold! :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @NO-QUARTER…The Network Bridge was on loan from my dealer, until the Bartók arrived.

We’ll have to see about the Clock, I’ve had to remortgage the house to afford the Bartók! :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

Have you got a delivery date yet for the PaulHaynes PSUs ? A SR4T for the OpticalRendu is tempting.

SR4 as 4 years to be delivered :rofl:

My November build SR4T arrived this morning so hopefully that’s a good sign for others waiting…

1 Like

Thanks Janner, good to know. Mine must be arriving any day too.

Best regards, BF

A pair of SR-4T power supplies have just arrived…

1 Like

You are rockin for Xmas snd beyond :+1:

@Gazza, have you managed to get your hands on that loaner Plixir PS yet to try out on the ER?

Almost…but daughter is now buying the car, ( she is using for her first job) thru me from ford, when that is complete i can then pick up the new lease car from ford…and then the Plixir, hopefully before Xmas🤞🏽

1 Like

@Bluesfan , @janner - thread has gone quiet - how is the Hynes SR4T ?

Slightly varied results…We seem to have re-convened in the thread…One step forward: ER +lpsu

Hi T-elmi,
The updates are from this post onwards
in the other thread…

Best regards, BF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.