Amplifier or smart amplifier

Continuing the discussion from Amplifier or smart amplifier:

Hi all, it finally came yesterday - Superuniti Bluetooth version. Serial 40…. from 2016. I try different inputs and everything looks fine. Only the UPnP couldn’t connect to my PC but I will read more about this. I think I will need to install something on the computer.
It was the obvious decision I think to became a part of this :blush:

1 Like

We started our naim journey running Sky Q (TV) into a 2011 SuperUniti via optical. Sounded great, it’s a very capable amplifier and a decent sounding DAC.

You’ll easily be able to play internet radio, local music from uPNP and Tidal if required via naim app (no Tidal connect unfortunately).

As others have said above if you want the latest/greatest music services and facilities (such as Tidal connect) you can simply add an external streamer and continue to use the SU as DAC and amplifier. We have a raspberry PI providing Tidal connect, other cheap options have already been listed above or you could push the boat out in future with a used naim ND5XS2 for a very nice 2 box system.

Enjoy!

If you use Tidal or Spotify you don’t need a computer, just open the Naim app and set up the Superuniti from there.
You will probably struggle if you’re using WiFi, a wired connection is almost certainly going to be more reliable.
If you have music stored on your computer you will need to run a UPnP server such as Asset on it which the SU will find on your network.

Supernait 1 with the built in Dac is another option.

I did similar some years back, a SN1 + Sonos Bridge with Coaxial digital between the two boxes.
Bluesound Node springs to mind also.

Hi Chris, I installed the Asset on my PC added the folder with music and when I switch to UPnP on SU it finds it. But…. When I play a song it starts for a second and stops. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi, it’s been a while since I used Asset so I’m probably not the best person to help here.
What is the origin of the music files you are trying to play? What format?
As a test you could try copying some to a USB stick. Plug that straight into the SU USB port and see if they work that way.

If you’re still getting nowhere try posting on the Asset forum. The developer usually responds to support requests there and may be able to help.

Do you have another media player (such as on a tablet or mobile phone) which you could connect up to the uPNP server and try playing a few tunes? There are many free apps which would work.

Might help work out if it’s Asset issue or not.

I try to play flac and mp3 via the Asset and it is the same - starts for a second and stops. When plug a usb stick it works. The problem here is some network settings. I don’t know what.

Hi Lumpy. I believe Windows has an inbuilt media server. It might be worth trying to activate that, point it at your music and see if the SU can find it. I haven’t used Windows for years so can’t guarantee this would work, but it could be worth a try.

A second suggestion is to post on the Asset forum, where there’s always plenty of expert help available.

Roger

I think your best option is……[quote=“ChrisSU, post:29, topic:24346”]
If you’re still getting nowhere try posting on the Asset forum. The developer usually responds to support requests there and may be able to help.
[/quote]

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.