Amplifiers - Decisions, Decisions

Drawtheline55
Thanks for the post, listened to a friends Supernait yesterday and his very nice Clearaudio turntable and I was suitably impressed!
Back home and listening to The Sixteen singing Monteverdi Vespers 1610 sounds fantastic on the CD5si and the Supernait would no doubt make a fine contribution so whatever amplification I go for I think the 5si will be staying for now.
Cheers

I suggest to listen to The Sixteen on a crappy amp & loudspeakers & old cd-player: it will still sound fantastic!

2 Likes

Ardbeg10y

Oh so true. My collection of their recordings on CD continues to grow. Particularly enjoying Palestrina at present. The Sixteen on CD is the reason why any further investment in Hi-Fi is going to be focused on amplification for now. Maybe down the line I will get something like the Uniti Core but that will entail not just £££ but also a lot of time transferring disks to hard drive.

I was listening to a friends Clearaudio turntable yesterday, mostly jazz and it was very tuneful and part of the fun was selecting and setting up the records. Granted doing this was more fun than with a CD but a least with the 5si putting a disk in to play is a physical act rather than using an iPad.

Got to keep reminding myself that I probably spend too much time with ‘screens’ one way or the other. Actually putting a disk in the player, sitting down and listening to it and doing nothing but listen is the only way to truly appreciate good music performed well.

Cheers

1 Like

I recognize that very well. I also have difficulties these days seeing things well, maybe screen usage is too high. Need a walk & books more.

2 Likes

Well said … @Perseus

1 Like

I’d consider Olive …

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.