An affordable network upgrade?

Ok, the Ubiquiti and Catalysts are very different designs and layouts… so there is no reason to assume they will ‘sound’ the same at all
I have not used a Ubiquiti with my streamer, but I do know the positive effect that certain Catalysts can bring.
So you might need to compare both to see if you can hear a benefit or hear a difference between them.
If that is not practical I would simply opt for an 8 port Cisco Catalyst 2960 and if it does nothing for you put it back on eBay

1 Like

In fairness to your IT guy he probably assumed because you wanted cisco you wanted to manage the switch, and in my experience Unifi/Ubiquiti is up there at the top for ease of management so I would say a good shout.

But you will need controller software running somewhere, your laptop will do but just bear it in mind.

Also bear in mind they have a large range of product including superb wifi access points, its all a bit addictive like naim for the networking world.

I find the info states etc fascinating, but then that might be more of an indication of me as a person lol.

1 Like

Sorry that should have been 2960 not 2060, I’ll blame my fat fingers.

I knew what you meant :grinning:

1 Like

Only one way to find out … but looks Iike Amazon is sold out, I’ll have to try some other stores.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.