Android App takes up to 10 seconds to open device

Heyya the community!
So after few weeks, I notice the selection of the device in the naim app (Android) was taking longer and longer,. and right now up to 9 seconds.
I am wondering if this is normal or other have experienced this.
It also seems the 1st opening after a while. If I reopened the app, the device (playing) can openfater (2 seconds).

Last time I resolved that was after a factory reset of the device. I am not sure if this is a router/ WiFi issue since I am xomne in wifi.
Sometimes if I want to reduce volume, this is inconvenient from the app,.if I do not have the remote I handy.

Has anyone else had similar issue?
Thanks

2 Likes

What band of WiFi are your devices on (2.4Ghs or 5Ghz) ?
What version of Android are you on?

Last time I experienced any sort of latency in connecting the app to the streamer was on both an older 4.x Android version of the app and on 2.4Ghz wifi which is a pretty substantially saturated band in many urban areas. When I was in an apartment in the city, my phone used to be able to find hundreds are 2.4G networks with reasonable signal strength… but there are only 11-13 channels for them to share.

Not seen a problem on 5G and newer Android apps.

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, Tidal launches very quickly on my iPhone, but when I try to access it via BluOS, it takes a full 20 seconds to load. My only complaint about an otherwise excellent OS.

Hello, Wifi 5GHz and Android 14. I had this issue with my pixel 6a and now my pixel 8a.
I have a feeling that something is in a sleep status or maybe the router is slow to respond to the app. This is weird, since a device reset (Nova) makes it instantaneous again.
I had also a 500 MB hard drive of songs attached to it, I did unplug but same behaviour.

Hmm it could be the sleep on the Nova. My Pixel 7a and ancient Asus Zenfone (Android 7) both pick up all 4 of my Naim streamers fast. About 2 seconds or less. They only take longer if waking from full standby. Or something with the UPnP settings on your router.

i know some users have had no end of problems. I suspect if you do a search there might even be a thread dedicated to the same issue.

1 Like

I happen to have both android and iOS devices, and I really can tell clearly that Naim app works much faster and smoother on my iphones or ipads than on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.