Any love for a Nat06?

Thanks Ian I’ll let dealer know , maybe hasn’t found it’s way down under

1 Like

Sadly, a truly good fm tuner ( I had tandberg 3011, never went for 3001) would only serve to remind of how few good stations exist anymore. Used to just spin the dial and often hit something to listen to. I’ve had a nat 05 for sometime now and to this day changing or choosing a station can be difficult. Fortunately their is pretty much only one station worth listening to, so no need to change stations.

1 Like

I recently purchased a NAT05XS and FlatCap2 for my cabin system. Regrettably we are just too far from the city to get clear reception. I even bought a large outdoor FM antenna, but all I got was lot’s of noise with the music (carrier wave). I replaced the Naim tuner with a very inexpensive HD Radio tuner from Sangean, $150 on Amazon. Granted its just a digital signal, but I was surprised how good it sounds. Every station in my area came in crystal clear… I use the digital out into my 172XS and let Naim do the d-a conversion. Many stations also have a second channel only available on HD radio which was a bonus. (HD radio is North America only)

1 Like

Around 10 years ago I bought a Bel Canto FM1 Tuner that had just come out and that I loved, it was my preferred source.

The sound was so engaging and it had some kind of A to D conversion as it required a DAC.

Unfortunately cannot use it anymore as I only have fiber here, I would love to hear it again.

Pricey but fantastic sound, I don’t think sold a lot of them unfortunately.

3 Likes

Hi, @vgonx. Are you sure it requires a DAC? I read that the c. 2009 FM-1 is a pre-amp, DAC, and Tuner in one box. Just add the amp. Digital Out 24/96 is alongside Analog Out.

Cool. I may look for one!

Nick

2 Likes

You are absolutely right Nick. As I had a Bel Canto DAC that also acted as a Pre I never tried that option, although the DAC did contain one analogue input (if I remember correctly). I must have had the first one as the s/n is FM1-001.

I assume you live in Seattle?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.