Any pics -- Fraim inside of a "closet?"

Having the dealer put it all together solves one issue!!

All parents of little kids have to figure out how / where to draw the line. Putting the hi fi behind closed doors seems like a wonderful solution for you. Excellent!

1 Like

@ChrisL

Hope that you have locks on your cupboard doors. Don’t want to come home and find your cables strewn all over the floor :pleading_face:

Thought I would chip in here.

We had an extension built last year and because of planning restrictions, we had to keep the wall between the existing house and the extension (old outside wall). The extension is in fact designated a Winter Garden. As we live in a city terrace house, the two end walls are fully insulated and the facade wall and roof are triple glazed.

Anyhow, we decided to utilise the thickness of the old external wall by incorporating types of storage and shelves. My Uniti Serve is positioned close to where the fibre cable/internet enters the house at this old outside wall, the rest of the Naim gear is on the floor below and music is streamed via WiFi.

The idea was to remove the old timber cladding, insulation and unnecessary timber work and incorporate a small box cupboard to store the Uniti Serve, the Apple Time machine, the small cable box and the Back-up drive,into the wall.

As you can see from the photos, the wall thickness is not deep enough for a cupboard to sit flush with the wall surface, so the design focussed on a protruding Oak box, partly in the wall and partly out. The dimension modifier was the U-Serve as this was the biggest box.

Obviously, you can’t decorate in these times without a splash of Corona Orange.

4 Likes

I should add, with four whirling electronic components in such a small space, there is a small problem with heat build up, hence one door open all of the time in the summer periods.

I guess I could make an interesting pattern perforation on the other side?

Perhaps first try the bottom.

I have some electronics in a closed cupboard, but along the bottom there are multiple slots cut out for ventilation. My TT’s power supply, a phono stage, switch, WiFi AP, TV set top box & multiple wallwarts. Soon the phono stage will be replaced with a valve one, hopefully that will also work. I might move the AP out if necessary, as that one gets quite hot it seems.

Working with the builder – there’s not really enough space for a closet. So next up – some sort of built-in cabinet. He has a pretty good carpenter. And we’ll run conduit in the walls for the speaker cables. This means it may be as much as 30 feet to one speaker (including the need to go around a gas fireplace); so thinking about something more economical at that length than my current SuperLumina. WitchHat, perhaps. Or AVOptions new product.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.