Any Pipe Organ fans looking to move house?

The white pipes are serious ones.

1 Like

The next-door neighbours have offered to do that for free :laughing:

2 Likes

Could pop it on Gumtree, someone would take it out for free.

Its very exensive in the Bristol area generally, not just Clifton. There are a lot of large employers here, and many people commute to London as the transport links are so good. Makes it difficult for Bristolians to buy a place though.

Andy

This was a few yrs ago in the news:

Doesnā€™t suprise me!

There hardly is a difference between smart and crazy.

House prices here are not quite at London levels but are certainly crazy! Quite a few people I know have moved to South Wales where its much cheaper, and its toll free on the Severn Bridge now as well!

If it was me, Iā€™d keep it. If I could afford to - maybe a bit of noise to devalue themā€¦ - Iā€™d buy both of the houses each side, then learn to play.

1 Like

2 Likes

That still sounds like Ā£1.5m for three adjoining terrace houses ā€œin need of some modernisationā€ in Bristolā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Iā€™ve assumed the organ house is inflated in price because of the organ, but that thereā€™ll be no interest because it is odd so possible to get at a good reduction. Then the two each side would sell for half their proper price due to the new neighbour problemā€¦

A lot of work would then be needed to create a decent sized music room, and to soundproof from the next adjoining propertiesā€¦ so yes, still pricey!

Thatā€™s a well thought through strategy Iā€™ll admit!

Will look forward to the house warming!

1 Like

You do have visions of The Abominable Dr Phibes

2 Likes

I canā€™t imagine Joanā€™s husband could have resisted the temptation to dress up occasionally. How she would laugh.

2 Likes

Oh dear my web camā€™s being playing up againā€¦

1 Like

Some folk dress down to play the organ:

3 Likes

Inspector Dreyfus in Pink Panther strikes again:

1 Like

Or Captain Nemo in 20,000 Leagues under the sea

1 Like

Or a real oxymoron of an image: the silent movie version of Phantom of the opera

2 Likes