Any runners on here?

I think we will have to agree to disagree to some extent - clearly wearing headphones increases risk but I am not sure by that much when cycling in rural/open areas. And definitely helps my running and helps me to follow my routes. I use a mirror on the bike so that makes me safer.
In the court case following my one accident the driver who ran into the back of me at a junction put forward the view that I was endangering myself by wearing them. Pretty questionable in particular as although they were on my person when the accident occurred I was not actually using them - I think the argument goes I have shown I am not risk averse by using them. To be fair not given much weight in court - we reached the absurdity of my side pointing out that I had a mirror on my bicycle. That did help me a clear view of the 4x4 coming up behind me and helped me take action to lessen the severity of the bump.
Finally I have seen a machete attack so in all probability and hopefully I will not see another!

I know their pace never ceases to amaze me. Of course if we cycled at higher altitude…

Great work Rod you have given me a target for this year - well perhaps next year…

1 Like

You’re flying! Well done.

First run of the year in short sleeves! Yay! Spring is springing, enfin.

1 Like

Looks glorious. Great time of the year knowing that it’s getting warmer and the days are getting longer.

I went on a short run a few days ago, but have been limping around since due to plantar fasciitis coming back with a vengeance. Cycling only for a while again and a trip to a physio Covid allowing.

2 Likes

Ran 12km in under an hour today. Quite chuffed with that.
And totally legal in lockdown, too!

2 Likes

Looks like great weather and scenery for a run.

I went a short run on Thursday, but have been hobbling around with recurring plantar fasciitis since. I’ve been a club runner for 20 years, and this is the first injury that has stopped me running, so can’t complain too much.

Anyway, great effort.

1 Like

My breathing issues have seemingly curtailed the prospect of any future runs let alone my fast short ones. However, not displeased doing an hours walk at 4.7mph.

3 Likes

I am somewhere ELSE! On business. Yay!

Quite a treat!

Obviously went for one of my favourite runs, in gorgeous (if cold) sunshine.

4 Likes

I fear my next thread may be “What to do after running”. My foot is giving me some serious grief and I am thinking I may have to hang up my running shoes, or severely curtail my addiction.

I can bank my times and England shirt to impress the grandkids if I have any, but what to replace it with if it comes to that? Cycling I find more of a social thing, speed walking like @mikehughescq - not sure that will work for me.

Suggestions to @WeekendWarrior please!

Swimming !

Well, I do live in Greater Manchester so I’m not afraid of water. Gym followed by swim and sauna maybe with a cycle ride to get there. That could work.

I really like swimming (but not very good at all) as body weight is supported so I find it good if I have aches and pains. Good low impact way of staying fit.

I’ve not thought of it as speed walking. It’s more “walking that I’ve got very good at”.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.