Any suggestions on stand-mounts for NAIT XS2

I got some Audio Physic Classic Compacts this year in white glass and I highly recommend them. New they may be out of your budget, but I found a first generation pair of half price demos. No bass port so they are good up close to a wall, and the speaker itself just completely disappears. My local Naim dealer who I picked them ups from, swears by Audio Physic speakers and they are a good match.

I also have a pair of Kef Ls50’s in the office and they are wonderful speakers too, but better near field imo then they were in the living room because I couldn’t get them away from the wall and the bass was boomy.

2 Likes

Yes Proac Tablette 10 on custom made Hi Fi racks stands, they replaced PMC 20.21 which on occasions had more bass than I wanted. I use the Tablette 10 with a Nait XS2 and apart from a lack of bass on the odd occasion they are fine in my 20ft. by 9.5ft room. The only speaker that matched them two years ago were the ATC SCM11, if an oak finish had been available I may well have had them but it was very marginal decision helped by a saving of circa £500.
I demoed also Russell K Red 100 and 50s and Neat Motives but the Proacs won out.
With an XS1 I also used Spendor S5e, PMC DB1, PMC GB1, and the PMC 20.21.
The only speaker I wish I had retained were the DB1, so I might also consider them.
Hope this helps in some way.

2 Likes

I know I’ve mentioned SBLs a couple of times but I must confess that I find the idea of the Tab 10 rather wonderful. Tiny, sit by the wall, look lovely, ok to drive, not expensive. I read somewhere that the Target Heavy 4 stand, distributed by Bryston, is the one to go for.

3 Likes

The Solid Steel SS6 stands are supposed to be fab with the Proacs so am saving up my pennies. The ‘raw’ version looks particularly attractive

1 Like

Hi @Stephen_Tate

I had the Linn Majik 109’s before the ATC SCM11’s. They worked well, and gave a nice precise sound in my room of similar size to yours, although I did add a REL T5 sub to get more bass. I replaced this setup with the SCM 11’s which respond well to good sources, removing the sub to tidy up my room.

I kept the Linn 109 stands for the ATC’s. The 109’s were apparently originally designed for the Japanese ‘compact living’ environment. They can be upgraded with Linn Aktiv or Exakt(externally) technology which is an interesting path which I decided not to follow, but I was tempted.

Both speaker types are closed cabinet which helps with awkward positioning.

You could always consider a sub for when the neighbours are out (if you change to standmounts) and some bass traps if you keep the Motive SX2.

1 Like

have 2 pairs of sonus Faber speakers with the xs2:
Cremona auditor m
chameleon b
both sound great.
the advantage of the chameleon is that has a bass port firing down. so it can be placed on any furniture, no need for stands. bass is full and warm but not oppressive.

1 Like

The Majik 109 is ported.

Port is on the front.

https://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/509linn.1.jpg

Well, I have tried literally everything (without too much cost) to try and tame down the bass without compromising the music, and although i have sort of succeeded, in around about way, i’m still not happy. My dealer has said they’re ready for me to start home auditioning speakers. I’m back to work this Monday coming so will have to hold out for next weekend I guess. I will probably start with a pair of Russell K Red 50 and go from there.

Thanks all

1 Like

I’ve just done the same thing Stephen. Removed my PMC Twenty 24 that were to much for my room. I purchased them from a friend and tried convincing my self for 4 months they were ok but sadly not, although great speakers. I’ve now got a home demo of the ATC scm11 and I am loving them so far even on my cheap stands. I also demoed the Russell k 100 and these to were very good just a bit on the large side for me
Order already placed for new ATC’s and stands😀

2 Likes

Another very happy ATC 11 user here. For years I couldn’t find a suitable replacement for my n-Sats playing in a small room. I had home demos of Dynaudio 40s, Kudos Super 10s, PMC 22 & 23s and ATC 11 & 19s. The n-Sats lacked bass but had a lovely overall sound whereas others were either bass heavy in my room or had other problems for me. The Kudos and Dynaudio sounded fine but the ATCs have a great neutral sound and are a lot cheaper. Final upgrade was a pair of Solid Steel stands - great stands and much more WAF than the previous heavy metal stands I had

3 Likes

What’s the latest, @Stephen_Tate ?

No not yet Chris. I hope to do some leg work tomorrow at my trusty dealer. I just haven’t found the time since starting this thread I’m afraid. Maybe I can give you some more info tomorrow evening?

1 Like

Out of curiosity Stephen is your dealer in Northam at Portsmouth?

1 Like

I think you mean North End. It’s Audio T on London Road. They are very good and I’ve used them for 28 years.

2 Likes

I have used them for 25 years. Superb!

1 Like

Yes you are correct and my mistake. I’ve been using them for a little while and I agree they are excellent. Not to many dealers left in Dorset I’m afraid so I have been travelling to Portsmouth.

1 Like

We must have a locals get together.

2 Likes

Went from NSats to SCM11 as well.

4 Likes