Any suggestions on stand-mounts for NAIT XS2

The Solid Steel stands are excellent sonically and visually as well

Nigel have you ever connected your Qute2 to the SBL’s? Asking for a friend who owns Qute2/NAP100.

1 Like

Not SBLs but I have my UQ2 connected to a pair of Allaes, no issues at all driving them.

What can I infer re SBL’s? I have no history with the ‘vintage’ Naim speakers

A friend of mine uses a Nait5i which has similar power to the NAP100 driving pair of SBLs with MK2 drivers and he has used this setup for a many years, sounds great and no wish to change anything.

Alan at the Chandler’s Ford branch of Audio-T knows his Naims too and visiting there will knock about thirty five miles off the round trip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have used Alan at Chandler’s Ford, but have personally found dealing with Nick at Portsmouth worth me doing a few extra miles.
I also used Jordan Acoustics for my ex demo SN2. Also a great dealer.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I have also found Portsmouth good. Got my used, red light NAT05 there. Superb!

But the important point is what have they got that @Stephen_Tate could stick on his Nait XS2?

My money is on Neat Iota Alphas… I’m not sure what the branch has in terms of sealed box speakers.

1 Like

Well after taking to Nick and and a long demo I now have ATC scm11’s on home demo, sealed cabinet and they work perfectly for my needs. Although it was a hard call between these and the Russell k 100’s. I’ve always loved and owned PMC but the ATC’s have won me over.
Lots of options for Stephen to try …looking forward to his decision.

3 Likes

Very nice and classy looking stands.

Hi Stephen
A couple of people have already mentioned these speakers, but a few weeks ago I heard Harbeth P3esr’s, and within 20 seconds I was in love with them, just so musical, I decided on the spot that Harbeth will be my next speaker choice. The only question that remains, is if I like the 30.1’s better than the P3’s, which I hope to demo in the next couple of months (I am off work right now, due to a knee injury). Currently I use Dynaudio excite12’s, which are fabulous too, but I am looking for a change, and will use the excite’s as surround speakers for home theatre.

1 Like

These strike me as being potentially excellent, though one question being whether Stephen’s Nait XS2 meets the amplifier requirements. On paper, not.

1 Like

Some good recommendations here for sure. I still haven’t found the time to audition any speakers as of yet, but I have popped into my local Audio t and spoke to Nick, Joe and Brad about doing just that. Hopefully, I will get rained off this week. I plan on trying the Russell K Red 50 first. Also the PMC baby stand mounts as well.

1 Like

No you’re right, but still worth a try while demoing other speakers.

I really enjoyed the Russell k’s Stephen. More so than the pmc Twenty5 21 and these were the one‘s I was expecting to like the most.

1 Like

You misunderstand me. On paper, ATC SCM 11s are a poor match for Stephen’s amp. That does not mean they are not worth trying, ideally with a home dem. Subjectivity is everything in our game.

1 Like

The new Neat Minstra looks really good. Designed for boundary placement. I suspect a Supernait would be good idea but only a trial will tell.

1 Like

It’s not something I’ve bothered to try, though they are SL2s not SBLs. The Qute is good and while it will get noise out of the SBL it’s really not in the same class.

1 Like

You misunderstand me. On paper, ATC SCM 11s are a poor match for Stephen’s amp. That does not mean they are not worth trying, ideally with a home dem. Subjectivity is everything in our game.
[/quote]

Absolutely Christopher. Even my SN2 is on the limit on paper. But I have been surprised just how well this amp drives them. :+1:

1 Like

According to Bob S, even a humble NAP100 would drive them well — though this was in the context of near-field listening. :slight_smile: