Anyone using NDX2 with XPS-DR AND an outboard DAC (Naim/Chord/Other)?

My assumption is bare, though I will not speak for @N_Godwin. If it’s #2 then I may agree with the observation.

I played a selection of tracks from Nirvana to Ambient and some sounded better on the NDX2 which is to be expected but equally some were better on the cheaper Naim ND5XS 2 with Chord Cutest DAC. But in each case to my ears the differences were very slight, especially when compared with the cost difference. Some would argue the Naim ND5XS 2 is over spec for a digital transport and would suggest more budget solutions. But if you want the flexibility of the Naim package I’d definitely go Naim ND5XS 2 with a DAC for the sound, value and flexibility going forward.

4 Likes

If it’s bare Ndx2, it’s makes sense for me.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for any confusion the demo was:

1. Naim ND5XS 2
  2. Naim NDX2
  3. Naim ND5 XS2 into Chord Qutest Dac
2 Likes

It was a bare NDX2

1 Like

Intresting and if it works for you, great. It’s a low cost satisfaction solution.
Unfortunately for me, a friend had just bought an ndx2 when I had my nd5xs2/qutest. Which ended up costing me money. :angry:

Yes my Roxy Music HDCDs on my CDX sound amazing. Better than my Japanese vinyl pressings.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.