Anyone 'Wordled' yet?

Was it ‘Naim’ ?

Wordle 201 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Rod, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to include any of the guess and thought I’d cropped it. I’m hopeless!! Anyway, I got today’s in four goes, having got five greys in the first attempt and four in the second. And I’m not going to reveal any clues!!

3 today, the third being desperation rather than belief, but it worked.

3 for me as well. Took me a while to work out that letters in green can be repeated elsewhere

1 Like

I don’t think it made any difference HH!

If you click ‘share’ once you have the answer, and copy the link, it produces the graphic/ result as I did above…

I don’t understand. Desperation is an 11 letter word; I thought it was limited to five. And belief has six letters.

1 Like

It seems to be between mastermind and lingo the tv show.
It’s the very same but do 4/5/6 letter words. :thinking:

It took me 5 goes as I also didn’t realise you can use a green letter twice
My final go was a very lucky guess as I only had qxzyk etc left and realised that there MUST be a repeated letter somewhere

1 Like

I didn’t realise you could reuse, but the only word I could think of that fitted the letters and positions I’d got had the same letter twice, I decided to use that word to confirm/rule out positions and it turned out to be the answer.

Ditto!

It’s the same as Lingo on ITV but only using five letter words. :roll_eyes:

3 for me today, I’d run out of ideas after first two lines and realised all was not as I figured in letters count…

Does everyone else start with the same first 5 letters each time?

1 Like

5 again. I misunderstood something which threw me off the scent at 3…darn!

G

Yes :sunglasses:

But probably not the same as your first five letters :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Got it in two today!

That’s the very opposite of the answer!

Done in 4 today.

Mrs D used her dictionary to solve today’s offering.

Is that acceptable ?

Don’t see why not, but could take ages if the answer was zebra.

Interestingly I wonder (and suspect there are) clever algorithms to help you.

I’d imagine a huge amount of luck. My first attempt today was a word I tried yesterday with a common 5 letter ending. That didn’t help but identified one correct vowel and the firstword I thought of with a vowel in that place was correct.