Apple music on nd5 xs

Hi,

How can I stream apple music to my nd5 xs? Is it just a case of using a lightning connector from my ipad to the usb port on the front?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

iā€™ve not found a way to ā€˜streamā€™ to a 1st gen device

the only way is to download files the the streamer can read and playback

youā€™d need something like an airport express plugged into an analogue / digital jack to stream

1 Like

@Crsm You will need an ND5XS2 to stream Apple Music.

Not familiar with inputs and their capabilities on ND5XS but you could try a media/stream converter, in your case Lightning to SPDIF if you have one handy. I tried Apple Music (including Hi-res) using that approach. Difference being I used an iPad with USB C as source so my media/stream conversion was USB C to SPDIF. Obviously I was on NC and not OC 1st Gen streamer but perhaps SPDIF is just SPDIF.
Link to the thread below;

Others may have better more accurate info.

Yes you can. iPad/iphone lightning socket (or usbc now) to the usb front panel socket works on the first gen streamers.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll give it a try.

Robert is correct, a standard Lightning to USB cable as supplied with your iPhone is all you need. The 2nd gen streamers donā€™t have this option, as they support Airplay instead, which might lead to some confusion here.

youā€™ll have to explain how this works to me. a lightning to usb cable plugged into the USB/iPod port in the front of my 172 brings up the screen telling me what music / playlists I have on my phone. Going into Apple Music on the phone gives me a blank screen. There is no option to stream anything from phone to device. What am I missing here?

Iā€™m standing in front of my 172 rn and it will only play files stored on my phone - no streaming

2 Likes

that is a great hack - i just tried it and it works!

I was a doubter and now i am a believer :grinning:

1 Like

solved my podcast problem too!

Indeed. Works a treat for me too. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.