Apple Music

It’s all quite a mess really isn’t it, consumers/subscribers deserve to know what they’re getting for their money.

2 Likes

Agreed it’s all smoke and mirrors. One plus for Roon is that it tells me exactly what I am getting all the time to any device or service with no 2nd guesses. I guess Stevesky would be able to tell us if it’s chromecasting hires or not like he did to uncover aac via Airplay.

2 Likes

See my post from the other day in here re the new audio cast feature in the Bubble UPnP app. I was able to test it today with the Amazon Music app and it sent gapless to the ND5 XS2. This may well work with Apple Music as that is one of the service explicitly stated as working with the Bubble UPnP app

2 Likes

This no better than Airplay from my test just now doesn’t support hires. It transcoded a hires stream from Qobuz app to 44.1/16 also if you phone goes off you loose the stream.

1 Like

I did a bit more testing last night and it does look like it is limited to CD quality. I didn’t have the stream die on me when the phone went off though. That was with a Qobuz 96/24 stream playing through the Qobuz app

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.