Are these phono boards authentic?

Thank you Neil!

Thanks - I didnā€™t know new old stock (NOS) was the term to search for!

Its certainly an eBay ā€˜thingā€™ā€¦ :open_mouth:

Old stuff, which is unused/unrun, often in its original box or packaging.

1 Like

Yes that is a fair summary. I get proper sound through the Nait 2, but no sound through the 32.5 with 3 series MM phono boards or with the 52 using 5 series MM phono boards. And yes I was wondering if the 5 series boards were legit (coincidentally).

Yes itā€™s entirely possible I did not fit them snugly enough. I will double check.

I used to own a P6 and ran it successfully through this 32.5, although it may have been with a different set of boards. I have never used these 3 series boards, so candidly donā€™t know if they work. They have been sitting in a cupboard in the garage for several years.

I have a 62 I can try the 3 series boards with shortly.

I do not know if the phono input on this 52 has ever been used successfully. Never tried it until now. It previously had line level boards fitted.

There is nothing in common with the setup of the 32.5 and 52. Completely different systems. The only common denominator was trying the P3/Exact with both. Thatā€™s why itā€™s so odd to me!

1 Like

And with original factory air.

3 Likes

Beg your pardon - I donā€™t think I have ever used these 3 series MM boards.

And - the faerie dust and magickā€¦ :black_cat: :mage:

Thatā€™s not what meant. If you have a problem with using a Naim product, the dealer is your recommended first port of call for support and troubleshooting. I meant to raise the no sound issue with them.

1 Like

No, just the 522s - all the others are long gone now.

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

Thats certainly good news.
Iā€™d better order a pair before its too late.

A pity ā€œEā€ and 3xx editions are no longer available.

2 Likes

Both are available, used, via eBay.

E boards can be converted from S or K versions. My 523 Eā€™s wereā€¦

Just seen a set of 322 Nā€™s on eBay UK.

They look the same as the S version I had long ago.